Martha Stewart Cookie Contest

Baking By cookingfor5 Updated 17 May 2008 , 2:25am by kneadacookie

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 84

Is anyone entering Martha Stewart's Cookie Contest. I think it starts this week. I couldn't pull up the information yesterday when I tried. Hopefully it is available tomorrow.

83 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 84

Thanks for the tip - I didn't even know she had one! Is she looking for decoration or a recipe, I wonder? And are there certain rules or anything? thx icon_smile.gif

CakeDiva73 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 84

The rules are confusing, lol.

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 84

I am not sure. I was checking out the cupcakes she had selected and many of them were not amazing, just unique. They do not have to be decorated cookies, but they just want an individual cookie in each picture.

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 84

yeah, i was trying to read the rules, and i think i got lost. is it supposed to be 1 single cookie. i did see a couple of platters, and even a bouquet. are those going to be disqualified also?? i wonder?

maybe i'll have to put a call in to martha...lol

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 84

I was confused as well-so I put an individual cookie and a "collection" of some-just to cover all the bases!

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:07pm
post #7 of 84

I could not find the rules....can anyone get me the link or do you have to upload the pic then you see the rules

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:55pm
post #8 of 84

thanks for posting this!

I didn't really see much in the way of "rules" - on the page where you can upload the picture (on her website) it just said submit before 5/4. Did you see any other rules?

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jl5949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jl5949 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:25pm
post #10 of 84

Thanks for the post. I'm going to enter this one! Good luck to all.

kneadacookie Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:54pm
post #11 of 84

well cakediva, it looks like you are doing well as far as views go. you really are pushing forward with over 2000 views. no one else is even close!!

pinktea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinktea Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:15pm
post #12 of 84

Kneadacookie;

You are not far behind with your "Lemonade"!!!. 1036 views!!! thumbs_up.gif

sallene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sallene Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:35pm
post #13 of 84

I might stick a picture in too. Thanks for the link. Good luck to everyone!

kneadacookie Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 1:47am
post #14 of 84

i'm still trying to figure out waht that bigfoot cookie is.....

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 10:09am
post #15 of 84

hi dawn! you'll never believe this, but those were my lingerie cookies that Martha showed on her show yesterday! A friend from school called me last night and said she had taped the show, and she saw my cookies and Martha talking about them. She called me ASAP. I thought I would pass out. I am
utterly beyond words!

kneadacookie Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:31am
post #16 of 84

WHAT?!?!?!? i don't normally watch the show. were they the ones you posted in the contest?? OMG, that is so amazing. congratulations!!

kneadacookie Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:47am
post #17 of 84

WHAT?!?!?!? i don't normally watch the show. were they the ones you posted in the contest?? OMG, that is so amazing. congratulations!!

kneadacookie Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:48am
post #18 of 84

i was just looking at the cupcake winners. i thought it said you couldn't use any copyrighted pictures. i assumed that meant any cookies that were of copyrighted items, yet a hello kitty cupcake won. i so would have posted my mcdonald's cookies

mysonshines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonshines Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:01pm
post #19 of 84

Thanks for the info about the contest. I put one up icon_smile.gif

sallene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sallene Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:06pm
post #20 of 84

That is awesome, Joanne! Congrats!

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 1 May 2008 , 7:52pm
post #21 of 84

I want to see our CC members entries!

Could those of you who have entered, post your "martha" photo to this thread?

I would love to go through all of the cookies in her contest but my computer is way to slow to go through the gallery on her site.

Thanks!

CakeDiva73 Posted 1 May 2008 , 7:55pm
post #22 of 84

What lingerie cookies? Were they the pink and black ones?

CakeDiva73 Posted 1 May 2008 , 8:14pm
post #23 of 84

There are some of the most amazing, DELICIOUS looking cookies I have ever seen on that site! My mouth waters every time I see some of them...... and then I hit the cookie jar hard. icon_wink.gif

Here are my entries:

http://contributors.marthastewart.com/portal/index.html?ctrl:id=window.default.ContestWindow&ctrl:type=render&ctrl:windowstate=maximized&op=vpic&user=458839&ccomm=17093&offset=463&cPicId=24024

http://contributors.marthastewart.com/portal/index.html?ctrl:id=window.default.ContestWindow&ctrl:type=render&ctrl:windowstate=maximized&op=vpic&user=458839&ccomm=17093&offset=458&cPicId=24031

I think she (Martha) really goes for the more rustic, good tasting cookies rather then merely on looks, which is good.....because I guarantee you most of those cookies taste a heck of a lot better then my NFSC w/ MMF!

kneadacookie Posted 1 May 2008 , 10:32pm
post #24 of 84

i posted the lemonade and the heart of fire

Joanne914 Posted 1 May 2008 , 10:34pm
post #25 of 84

CakeDiva...Yes, they are the pink and black ones! My whole school was abuzz (I teach 4th grade) when they saw the show! Another staff member brought a tape of the show into school! I told them all it was my 15 seconds of fame, and now I have to go back to class to teach perimeter and area! lol

Here are the cookies that Martha showed on her show on Tuesday:

http://contributors.marthastewart.com/portal/index.html?ctrl:id=window.default.ContestWindow&ctrl:type=render&ctrl:windowstate=maximized&op=vpic&user=459149&ccomm=17093&offset=440&cPicId=24070

kneadacookie Posted 1 May 2008 , 10:37pm
post #26 of 84

so joanne, what did she say about them???? did she say ooh la la?!?!?!

Joanne914 Posted 1 May 2008 , 10:57pm
post #27 of 84

My sister sent me this link today to view the show online. I haven't tried it yet, but on the actual show, her "promo" for the cookie contest was right at the beginning of the show. She showed four cookies before mine, then when
she showed mine, she laughed, and said, "OOOOO la la lingerie! You can send these to your boyfriend, but you better have the same lingerie at home waiting for him! (or something similar..lololo) If anyone tries the link to the show and actually sees it, let me know.

http://www.marthastewart.com/show/the-martha-stewart-show/actor-christopher-gorham?lnc=4ef2dc5bfca40110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&rsc=showarchive_tv_show-archive

Joanne914 Posted 1 May 2008 , 11:21pm
post #28 of 84

ok....inquiring minds wanted to know...I tried the link...and it WORKS!
She talks about the cookie contest right in the first two minutes of her monologue, and then she shows the cookies....and guess what...

JODIE'S PEA IN A POD COOKIE IS SHOWN TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't realize that was her cookie....I will PM her and tell her to watch her cookie being shown on tv!! How exciting! icon_biggrin.gif

CakeDiva73 Posted 1 May 2008 , 11:34pm
post #29 of 84

That pea in a pod cookies is about the cutest thing! I love that one too! Great job on the lingerie cookies - they are awesome. icon_smile.gif

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 1 May 2008 , 11:39pm
post #30 of 84

All I remember Martha saying and also reading about the cookie rules is that only two per person can be entered. I have seen some people with way more than that. It is tempting to enter more, but with my luck, I would probably be disqualified! icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%