Mmf Question

Decorating By Leahmaria7981 Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 6:52pm by FromScratch

Leahmaria7981 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 4

I'm going to make MMF for the first time today and just had a couple questions. I've used the Wilton fondant in the past and would just like to find something that tastes better. Is MMF like Wilton's fondant? Is the consistency about the same? Can you still make things with the MMF that last a long time like the Wilton's fondant? The recipe I am using only calls for marshmallows, water and powdered sugar. Just basically, will the MMF hold up and last as long as the Wiltons? Thanks!

3 replies
Parable Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 4

Oh you are not going to believe how much better tasting MMF is over Wilton. Kids and big kids both love it. It is the best. And it stores well. Just keep it wrapped tightly and then inside a resealable bag with all the air pushed out. I even freeze mine if I'm not going to be using it for a while. Otherwise, it can be stored in the cabinet.

Leahmaria7981 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 4

What about like figures and such. Some people I make cakes for want to keep the fondant accessories for keepsakes. I've had no problem with the Wilton fondant lasting for years. Will MMF figures last that long?

FromScratch Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 4

Not to say that MMF will not last.. but if you are going to go through all the trouble of making fondant at home I'd skip the MMF all together. I have never liked MMF. It is terrible in the heat and humidity (it sags) and it is REALLY sweet. I much prefer making real fondant. There's a recipe in the recipe section calle Michele Foster's Delicious Fondant and it is really great stuff. I have had no problems with it lasting as a figure for a long time.

If you are going to make fondant you may as well make good fondant. It's really easy to make and you don't NEED a kitchenaid (though it does make it easier).

Quote by @%username% on %date%