Need Help With 15X15

Decorating By kalenev Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 7:37pm by pjaycakes

kalenev Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalenev Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 4

I bought a 15x15 square pan to make my daughter's 1st birthday cake next weekend. I have never attempted anything this big!!! I am not sure where to start- how many cups of batter per layer? I am planning to adapt a whimsical bakehouse cake (chocolate chip cream cheese pound cake). Each recipe makes 8 cups of batter. I would like to make 2 layers and not sure how many cups to put in the pan. Also, do I need to do anything special when baking it so it doesn't dry up or something.

Thanks- I am pretty nervous about doing this!!

Kalen

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 4

I use 3 cake mixes for a 14" square, so a 15" square may use 3.5 or 4 mixes (or the equivalent of).

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 4

Make sure you use either a heating core or flower nails.

I use flower nails. After you grease your pan, grease several flower nails. For that size I would use five (always better to have more than less). Before you put your batter in your pan, turn the flower nails upside down and put them in the pan (flat part down). Space them evenly throughout the center of the pan. Then pour the batter in the pan. When the cake is done baking, flip it over and then just remove the nails.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%