Doctor Cake Idea For A Ten Year Old Girl

Decorating By lami Updated 5 May 2008 , 10:00am by dragonflydreams

lami Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 8

I have just been commissioned to do a cake for a ten year old girl. She wants to be a doctor and she wants it incorporated in the cake. The doctor themed cakes I saw on the site are for adults. I am trying to make the cake with a combination of what will appeal to a ten year old and the doctor idea. Please I need your suggestions.

7 replies
aztomcat Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 6:43am
post #2 of 8

How about a sheet cake dressed in white fondant to look like a Doctor's jacket with her name on the pocket. Then the accessories could be like those in a kid's doctor kit. A red stethoscope, plastic shot needle, band aid etc.

Even easier, you can do the cake I mentioned above the white doctor's jacket and adorn with the goodies from a kids doctor kit.

If you're really good you can make the cake into a kids doctor kit.

good luck

Dee aka aztomcat

LeanneW Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 7:01am
post #4 of 8

i love the "operation" idea.

how about a giant bandaid if you're looking for something simple.

Iheartcake Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:24pm
post #6 of 8

My first thought was Doctor Barbie! But I can't really picture why a Barbie would be wearing a white coat shaped like a ball gown...... icon_lol.gif

The sheet cake/white coat one could definately work. You could add some girly, colourful daisies, or give it a girly design instead of plain white.

lami Posted 5 May 2008 , 9:18am
post #7 of 8

I made a sheet cake, molded a stethoscope, bandages, syringe, tablets, capsules and a prescription note pad. The girl's mom was so thrilled when she came to pick up the cake.

dragonflydreams Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:00am
post #8 of 8

. . . sounds great . . . did you take a picture . . . be sure to share if you did thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%