What A Month! Lots Of Consultations!

Business By indydebi Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 3:38pm by indydebi

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 12:15pm
post #1 of 7

I think I just set a personal record this month!

April is my traditional slow month. Heck.....it's my DEAD month as far as sales go! But I just recapped my calendar last night. I've met with 17 brides and 13 of them have booked already! The last 4 were just in the past 2 days so they are still in the thinking about it stage.

I haven't really changed any of my advertising, but I HAVE put a notice on my site and a notice in my pricing packet (that I email to brides before the appt) about my price increase eff 6-1-08, and if they book now they lock in current pricing.

Hmmmmm..... maybe I should plan lots of little increases thru out the year so I can keep this incentive in front of them? icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

Anyway ..... it was a great lesson. I'm not dwelling on the negative side of "low sales", but will focus on the positive side of "lots of bookings!" thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 7

That's GREAT Debi! Hope the bookings keep coming!

emccle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emccle Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 7

that's great to hear! you are always encouraging us newbies not to undersell ourselves. it's very encouraging to know how well you are doing. thanks icon_smile.gif

babycakes0022 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babycakes0022 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:30am
post #4 of 7

That is so awesome! Sounds to me that people really like your cakes. icon_smile.gif

Atan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atan Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 7

wow. what a great idea!
can you explain more about the pricing package you send out? your business sounds like it's doing really well. great job!

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:18pm
post #6 of 7

icon_biggrin.gif Doing a little happy dance for you....Congrats!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atan

wow. what a great idea!
can you explain more about the pricing package you send out? your business sounds like it's doing really well. great job!

It's a long pre-formatted email with about 12 attachments that include all of my menus, Delivery and Payment policy, my Terms of Agreement, Add'l Labor Fee explanation and when it applies; the Budget Wizard I developed, so they can figure their reception costs to the penny; A collection of helpful things for the bride .... Vendor Sheets-a sheet for each vendor where she can track their name/phone/deposit info, etc; Tips On Setting up a REeption Room (including tips such as NOT having DJ speakers close to the cake!), and "What You Need to Know Before ORdering a Wedding Cake"; a sheet on tips for outdoor weddings ("don't have your guests facing the sun!"); and an info sheet on how to get a marriage license in our county.

This packet gives them everything they need to know re: dealing with us for their reception. Pretty much when they come for the sampling, they know the price, they know the packages, they know what we do and what we don't .... they just have to pick out their foods and cake flavors. SO after looking all of this over, if it works for them, they call me ... if it doesn't work for them, then they don't waste my time. thumbs_up.gif

With everything all set up, it takes me less than a minute to put together the intro email with all of this. Likewise, after the sampling, when I send them the proposals, it's a pre-formatted email that I cut-n-paste from Word to an Email with all the info they need to know on taking the next step.

Anyone interested in seeing the whole packet, just go to my website and send me an email requesting the packet and I'm happy to share it with you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%