Looking For Specialized Cake Building Interest In Ma Or Nh

Business By lsienna Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 12:16pm by vonnie99

lsienna Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 5:48am
post #1 of 4

Is there anyone out there in Southern New Hampshire, Southern Maine or North East Massachusetts areas who has a business or knowledge of cake decorating, big or small, and wishes to expand into or begin to create highly specialized cakes like they do at Charm City Cakes?

I am looking to work for or collaborate with someone who knows how to decorate, knows the materials well, i.e. fondant, modeling chocolate, gum paste, baking cakes, icing etc. Someone who is interested in taking their craft one step further creating elaborate specialized cakes, and perhaps does not necessarily have the know how of building the weight structures, or carving, air brushing, building models, or sculpting abilities, for example. Perhaps you would like to offer these cakes but really have no interest yourself because of the lack of time to devote to perfecting the making of these cakes?

What I have to offer is an incredibly creative and inventive abilities and have all the skills needed to make these type of cakes. I have over 20 years of experience in many different artistic fields, and have a wealth of knowledge that I could offer to build, sculpt, model, and paint these type of cakes. I am an artist, painter, sculptor, model builder, graphic designer and carpenter. I worked in the film industry for a long while and then more recently have had my own business doing specialized faux painting and murals so I know about sales, marketing and deadlines. (it just became too physically difficult for me to continue that type of work)
I am very focused, easy going, and have a fun personality.

I get so excited about Charm City Cakes and their show Ace of Cakes and what they make I started looking into cake decorating as a serious business. It is a craft I can utilize all my skills as well as it seems to be such a rewarding craft. I have a little experience with decorating although I have voraciously studied everything about decorating I can get my hands on. I understand how to use fondant, gum paste and modeling chocolate etc. and know once I start playing with the materials I will be able to make it all work with some practice. I am very passionate about my art and am very ambitious and hope to align myself with someone who can share their knowledge of the craft of decorating with me as I too can share my knowledge with them. I love to be involved with anything that is collaborative and enjoy brainstorming with others.

If anyone is interested in talking about either creating this type of business together ( i have some of my own resources to offer) and we could collaborate to make it work or ideally if anyone wishes to bring someone on board to their own cake business, please email me at lschena@comcast.net. I would love to hear from you! If you want to just talk about decorating, wish to share ideas or are looking for occasioanal extra help then give me a shout as well! I really hope to hear from you!

3 replies
karensue Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 4

Wow, I wished you lived in Kansas ..

lsienna Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:57am
post #3 of 4

Yeah, me too. Dang it!

vonnie99 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 4

I wish I was in the right part of the state - I'm down by CT!

Quote by @%username% on %date%