Coconut Cake With Pineapple Filling Recipes, Please?

Decorating By thecupcakemom Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 11:55pm by nisha_ru

thecupcakemom Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 11

have a request for this combo if anyone can help?

10 replies
Petit-four Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 1:48am
post #2 of 11

Here's my Toasted Coconut Pineapple Filling:

Pineapple-Coconut Filling: 3 cups

o 1 ½ cup crushed pineapple and remaining juice
o ¾ cup sugar
o 1/3 cup beaten egg yolk
o Dash salt
o 1 T cornstarch
o ½ T Gelatin
o 2 T cold water
o 1 cup coconut, toasted

o Sprinkle gelatin over cold water
o Bring remaining ingredients to low boil, boil gently for 2 minutes, then cool slightly
o Blend in gelatin and coconut.

leah_s Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:03am
post #3 of 11

ehh . . .to make coconut cake I use my usual white cake recipe and throw in a bit of coconut extract and some coconut. Usually I toast it, sometimes I don't. For pineappe filling I drain and squeeze out the moisture from some crushed pineapple and stir it into vanilla bc.

Chrisl121070 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:16am
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petit-four

Here's my Toasted Coconut Pineapple Filling:

Pineapple-Coconut Filling: 3 cups

o 1 ½ cup crushed pineapple and remaining juice
o ¾ cup sugar
o 1/3 cup beaten egg yolk
o Dash salt
o 1 T cornstarch
o ½ T Gelatin
o 2 T cold water
o 1 cup coconut, toasted

o Sprinkle gelatin over cold water
o Bring remaining ingredients to low boil, boil gently for 2 minutes, then cool slightly
o Blend in gelatin and coconut.

That sounds AMAZING! Can it be frozen for later use?

sugarMomma Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:11am
post #5 of 11

Have not made a coconut cake, but made yummy pineapple filling for a cake using a doctored pineapple cake mix with banana cream pudding added.

Here's the link to the filling: http://www.wrenscottage.com/kitchen/recipes/filling/pineapplefilling.php

icer101 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:47am
post #6 of 11

the recipe that sugarmomma gives... this is how i have made it for years. this is how my mama made it for our pineapple cakes at home. it is really delicious. you can make a 1-2-3-4 cake layers. paula deen makes this cake layer. the recipe is on foodnetwork. you can make yellow layer from scratch or make the cake extenders. i make up filling , using fresh coconut and coconut milk from the can, i just add little sugar to this mixture and bring it to a boil for about 5 minutes. let it cool. then i stack the layers using the coconut mixture first and then the pineapple mixtue .the juice from these two will make the cake really moist. then i put a 7 minute frosting all over top and sides of cake the i toast coconut and lay this all over the sides and top . makes a very pretty cake and a very tasty cake.

thecupcakemom Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 10:22am
post #7 of 11

Thank you all!!

amoos Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 11:23am
post #8 of 11

You can also add pina colado mix to a white cake mix in place of the water. It tastes SOOOOO yummy b/c it's mostly coconut flavor.

I make it all the time with a pineapple coconut filling and then a light cool whip icing which is PERFECT for summer, although it has to stay refridgerated. It's my most requested cake for potlucks, etc.

Petit-four Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 5:13pm
post #9 of 11

Yes, the pineapple-coconut filling freezes very well. The yolks are saved from white cake (with coconut added).

I also add drained crushed pineapple to cream cheese icing (about half and half) for a pineapple cream filling. Very popular too.

I enjoyed reading all the other combinations...all sound so good!

CarolAnn Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 5:42pm
post #10 of 11

This combo sounds wonderful!!!!!!!

nisha_ru Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 11:55pm
post #11 of 11

Here's the cake recipe that I use, it's very yummy!!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-5803-Pina-Colada-Cake-4.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%