Cornelli Lace On Fondant??

Decorating By cakedaze Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 11:53pm by cakemommy

cakedaze Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 6

I'm planning my final cake for Wilton III. I want to try a tiered cake - both covered in fondant & use the royal icing Easter Lilies. I was wanting to add something & wondered if putting buttercream cornelli lace on top of the fondant would be appropriate. What would then be a good border? Shells? or more lilies? Oh, I think I'd keep the fondant & buttercream white - I thought it might be more elegant with the white lilies.

thanks for the ideas...

5 replies
cakemommy Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 3:54am
post #2 of 6

Cornelli lace would look great!!! I have a ton of cakes in my photos with cornelli on fondant as well (wedding cakes)!

It's going to be a beautiful final cake! Good luck!!!!!! I'd actually have to see a similar cake to recommend a border but you might find something I have done to be inspiring.

Amy

cakedaze Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 6

Cakemommy,
Your cakes look great! Thanks for sharing. I really like your Easter Lily cake. What did you use for the border? Just fondant balls? or ... I think that is kind of the idea I was thinking of, just didn't know how to do them.
Thanks for the tips.

cakemommy Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 6

Are you referring to the so called icon_confused.gif orchid cake I did recently? Yeah, that was my first attempt at making a gumpaste flower! If that's the cake you are referring to I used my pearl mold to make fondant pearls. I love doing that, if you couldn't tell! icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank you for the compliment! Make sure you let me know when you post your class final so I can see it. I'm sure it will be gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Amy

cakedaze Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 6

Oh, I'm the one planning on doing the Easter Lilies icon_redface.gif LOL - Yes, your orchid cake is beautiful. I do like the pearls, but think one major thing at a time is enough - gotta conquer these lilies & the fondant & the 2 teired cake. My cake is due Friday - I guess I should start tonight! LOL

cakemommy Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 11:53pm
post #6 of 6

You will do fantastic!!!!! Does it have to be real cake? I have never taken Wilton courses so I don't know if you can use dummies or not!

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%