Choco-Pan Help!! Please!

Decorating By mom42ws Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 12:45pm by mom42ws

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 5

i've never really worked with it before except for minor accents. i'm trying to cover a very small 1 layer cake with it and the more i work with it the more it tears. it doesn't seem to be holding up even with it being thicker. i just had to scrap a HUGE piece of it after it tore while moving it onto the cake - $$$ in the trash.

what am i doing wrong? what are the tricks to working with this???

ashley

4 replies
mom42ws Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 5

trying to bump myself...

TammyH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyH Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 5

I've worked with it before I found the more I worked with it, the softer it got. Rolling it "thicker" was better (I thought it was TOO thick, but it worked best). It also seemed "greasy" to me (I was using the dark chocolate). It also didnt seem to have much strech to it, but it did repair easily. Sorry I cant be of more help.... icon_sad.gif

TammyH

mom42ws Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 5

ya, i'm comletely unsure of what to do with it. i guess start with a fresh piece and airbrush the color instead of kneading it in so that it doesn't soften too much. can you airbrush it???

ashley

mom42ws Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 12:45pm
post #5 of 5

okay, i started with a fresh piece this morning and used cornstarch instead of shortening and it worked like a dream. someone more experienced would have probably said, "well duh"! i know for next time!

ashley

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%