The Ugly Cake....

Decorating By shellzey Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 3:30pm by shellzey

shellzey Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 6:09am
post #1 of 7

i posted a while back (post is gone now) that my neighbor asked me to do a cake for her daughter's sweet sixteen. she sent me tons of pictures of cakes they liked...all very 80s and really nothing i liked. anyway we looked at some pics from on here and she found some styles she liked so i was thrilled that i no longer had to do an "ugly cake" (really not ugly, just not my style)

anyway, some of the people who posted on the forum asked me to post pics when i did the cake. this was my first tiered cake, first cake with pillars, first RI tiara (or anything along those lines) and first dumby cake on top. needless to say i learned a lot and there were many things i would do differently but i think it turned out okay. any input would be greatly appreciated. thank you

uggh i can't seem to get the pic to post but here is the link http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1213349

6 replies
beemarie Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 7:13am
post #2 of 7

I think you did a wonderful job! Your cakes are evenly stacked and
are not tilted--very even. Just a beautiful job all the way around, especially for so many firsts on one cake. Beautiful!

Momkiksbutt Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 7:39am
post #3 of 7

Looks great to me! My daughter would love it!

Amia Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 7:41am
post #4 of 7

The icing is smooth, the scroll work is beautiful, the border is even, your RI tiara and flowers look great....you should be proud, even if it isn't your style. Personally, I think the pillars make the cake look a little off, but without those, and even with those, the cake looks awesome. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

xstitcher Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 7:54am
post #5 of 7

What ugly cake????????

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:43am
post #6 of 7

this is such a pretty cake! great job. glad you swayed them over to the "pretty" side LOL

shellzey Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 3:30pm
post #7 of 7

thank you for the compliments

sorry if i didn't state clearly...the cake they WANTED me to do was kind of "ugly" i was thrilled with this choice. my topper was too big. it was the same size as my top layer cake. locally i couldn't find any styrofoam rounds any smaller, but i would do that differently. my pillars were a little crooked too...live and learn =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%