None

Decorating By JoAnnB Updated 12 May 2008 , 2:07pm by kneadacookie

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:30am
post #31 of 80

JanH is such an established icon of knowledge here ..... frequently, I will see a thread with a number of questions and I will PM JanH with a link to the thread saying "Someone needs your help!" because I know Jan will be able to help the new person with all the infomation they are looking for in one shot.

I want to thank everyone for their accolades and support of our very dear friend, JanH. I hope this helps our newer CC friends understand the value she adds to this community of family and friends who all just also happen to have a love of everything cake!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 3:10am
post #32 of 80

. . . who could ever take offense to JanH's help . . . I have been known to lurk around her previous posts just to see what I have missed if I have been away for a day or two . . . those who take offense are obviously not accepting the help in the spirit it was intended and that is not only unfortunate . . . it is ultimately their loss . . . JanH is a wealth of information just for the asking . . . please, please, please, JanH consider the source and just keep on postin' . . . DON'T EVER CHANGE. . . WE LOVE YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE thumbs_up.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 3:38am
post #33 of 80

Oops, this was supposed to be a pm. icon_redface.gif

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 3:52am
post #34 of 80

Jan,

You know I love you. I really think you are so super. Don't let the wacko's get you down! ((HUGS))

Alison

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 3:57am
post #35 of 80

Although I did not see the original post, I have to say that I agree with most everyone else! JanH is always willing to help anyone and everyone!!! She is oozing wih great information and spends a ton of time helping all of us little people out! There are alot of great "names" on CC and JanH is one of them!
Thank you Jan!

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 4:03am
post #36 of 80

JANH, GIRL IT BETTER TAKE MORE THAN THAT TO RUN YOU OFF...JUST THROW A LITTLE POWDER SUGAR AT HER... AND LET IT SLIDED OFF YOUR BACK LIKE WATER OFF A DUCKS...IF YOUR THE BULLIE IN THE HOUSE YOUR THE KINDESS BULLIE IVE EVER MET.YOU GIVE US ALOT OF HELP. AND WE ALL GOT YOUR BACK..AND I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU.....

likitiki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
likitiki Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 4:25am
post #37 of 80

JanH, you are a CC superstar! I know that I have said this already (at least I meant too!), but your posts and links are the most informative. I know that when I see one of your posts that I will find exactly what is needed. THANK YOU!!!!!!
And once again, Happy Baking!
Melissa

mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 5:14am
post #38 of 80

Jan,

You can't please all of the people all of the time. No matter how great you are!

Thanks for everything you do!

I think you're fabulous!

~Mindy

Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 5:45am
post #39 of 80

ok i didnt read everybodys replies, but i have to "voice" my opinion. If someone does not want anybody trying to be helpful even if it means pointing them to another post that is similar, then they dont need to bother posting. I cant count the number of times I have found janh's post very helpful. All i can say is get over it to those who are complaining about you posting Janh.

Jennifer

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:13am
post #40 of 80

I can't really add anything valuable here, I'd just keep pulling out quotes made by previous posters and saying things like "Yeah!!" and "I totally agree!!" ...but I just wanted to voice my public support for JanH. Seriously it's like they say, "Don't let the turkeys get you down."

JanH Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:14am
post #41 of 80

Thank you so much to my CC friends for your kind words of support and encouragement. icon_biggrin.gif (I can definitely feel the love.)

I'd be delighted to keep providing my little post compilations and links as long as anyone cares to read them. icon_lol.gif

I could never leave CC; I'd miss you all way too much. tapedshut.gif

vteventrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vteventrider Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:39am
post #42 of 80

JanH,

You CAN"T leave. Everytime I come acros a post of yours I cheer because there is always a great tidbit of knowledge I use. I am amazed at how you have all the links so readily available. You save me all the time of having to search the net (not just CC) for links.

If someone does not want help then they should not post. I did not read the original because I have been away on business for a week, but it does seem that lately there have been a lot of testy discussions on a site dedicated to sweet things.

Can't we all have our cake and eat it too? icon_biggrin.gif

BigTexinWV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BigTexinWV Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 8:30am
post #43 of 80

As a newbie, I appreciate JanH taking the time to thoroughly answer all the silly questions that I have. I love the way that she not only answers my questions, but shows me all the other topics that relate to my topic, many times she will answer questions that I didnât know I had yet. She is that AWESOME. If some people think that is bossy, well she can come and boss me any time of the day!

I see her as my own personal search engine. She has SKILLZ.

So JanH THANK YOU!!!!!

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 9:57am
post #44 of 80

I love that Janh puts in duplicate links because one question might not get the response I find helpful and it's just like me to watch the wrong question icon_lol.gif
You rock Janh

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 11:33am
post #45 of 80

wgoat5, sorry, too late!!

As far as everyone saying 'you've had too much sun'....
edited: I just wrote something that even surprised myself! So I deleted it! Ha, ha. I'll keep you all guessing.

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 11:50am
post #46 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflydreams

. . . who could ever take offense to JanH's help . . . I have been known to lurk around her previous posts just to see what I have missed if I have been away for a day or two . . . those who take offense are obviously not accepting the help in the spirit it was intended and that is not only unfortunate . . . it is ultimately their loss . . . JanH is a wealth of information just for the asking . . . please, please, please, JanH consider the source and just keep on postin' . . . DON'T EVER CHANGE. . . WE LOVE YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE thumbs_up.gif

Diito!

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 11:59am
post #47 of 80

Jan has always been very helpful and I have never associated a tone with anything she's done. icon_confused.gif

Thanks, Jan!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 12:25pm
post #48 of 80

hmm.. maybe the poster (I don't even know who it was) is a tad jealous? I don't know .. but someone being so silly as to gripe about someones help really gets to me!!! What is this world coming to?

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:44pm
post #49 of 80

Dang... Glad I just found this on a Sunday morning...I was crabby yesterday and would probably have layed someone's ears back...lol icon_razz.gif What? Is it a full moon or something? How could anybody...anybody... take offense to Jan??? icon_confused.gif

Awww...honey...you know WE love ya! (((((Jan))))) thumbs_up.gif Just as Doug is our engineer, Jan is our Sherlock! detective.gif It's ALL good! icon_smile.gif

Pat

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 5:03pm
post #50 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTexinWV

I see her as my own personal search engine. She has SKILLZ.

. . . MAD SKILLZ . . .
detective.gif

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:52pm
post #51 of 80

Jan, you are the queen of organization! i don't know how you find things so quickly!! Thanks for all your help!

PS - can you help me organize my kitchen? icon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 7:08pm
post #52 of 80

I bet Jan knows where that other sock is that left my dryer last night!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 7:36pm
post #53 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

I bet Jan knows where that other sock is that left my dryer last night!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

ROTFL!! I also love plbennett_8's quote, "Jan is our Sherlock!"

Y'all are great!

JanH Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 6:33pm
post #54 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked

Some people just don't understand that they are asking for information, not advice (ala "Dear Abby"). I provide information - I suck at support. icon_smile.gif

I feel answering a request for help with useful information IS being supportive. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 11:30pm
post #55 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantgrl

there are a lot of "in charge wanna be's" here. But really it's just Heath and Jackie that controls this forum and no one else. Just like when you are new in a school and there are bullies.. well, you'll get used to it.. icon_cool.gif

What have I ever done to you, fondantgril, that you should be so mean-spirited and disparaging.

This quote would be my next signature line if space allowed:

It is not the critic who counts; Not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; Who strives valiantly; Who errs, and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; But who does actually strive to do the deeds; Who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; Who spends himself in a worthy cause; Who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worse, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
-- Theodore Roosevelt.

If I'm guilty of anything, it's spending too much time on CC.

JanH,
Don't sweat it. I know fondantgrl from another site and she is the one that's the trouble maker and bully. Just ignore her. And by the way, you are very nice and your posts are always wonderful and helpful. Thanks for all you and everyone else on this site does to help.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 9 May 2008 , 3:42pm
post #56 of 80

I am amazed we even have to have this discussion but just for the record JanH might not have an official title on CC but she probably should.

The fact is that the effort Jan puts into CC is invaluable to our community and her activities are strongly endorsed and appreciated by Jackie and I.

I have never seen a single post from Jan that was inappropriate or rude, nor have I ever seen her interact with another member in a way that deserved rudeness in response.

If anyone thinks that JanH is anything less than an amazing example of what this community is all about, perhaps CC is not the place for that person.

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 9 May 2008 , 3:56pm
post #57 of 80

hear hear....

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 9 May 2008 , 3:57pm
post #58 of 80

I know when I CC was having issues changing servers I posted a thread and thinking it didnt go through cause the page went to blank I posted it again. Well I had 3 post runing at the same time talking about my website.. I was so humiliated... Jan was the one who noticed.. and even it wasnt something I did on purpose it happen.
I think Jan does a great Job. I dont know sometimes how she finds all this repeat posts but she definitively have high marks on my book..
I say Jan keep doing the good work you do we appreciatted. icon_biggrin.gif
Edna

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:01pm
post #59 of 80

Totally agree with Heath. Without JanH being the CC encylopedia icon_wink.gif , I would be hopelessly lost and floundering around in cake batter. You're awesome, Jan! Not to mention having the most amazing AVATARS (if not sometimes weird icon_lol.gif ). So who was your last one, the red crazy devil looking thing??? Gave me nightmares!

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:01pm
post #60 of 80

I have to agree with Heath,you should have your own title.You have helped me on almost every one of my posts.I enjoy the links,I have learned so much.Please continue what you do,I and alot of others here need that info.THANKS A MILLION ++++++1 icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%