None

Decorating By JoAnnB Updated 12 May 2008 , 2:07pm by kneadacookie

JoAnnB Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 6:08am
post #1 of 80

janh was only trying to help. I am certain she did not mean to offend you. Referring to duplicate posts keeps all the good information in one place.

Duplicate posts can be confusing.

You won't find another site with as much information available for newbies.

Try to give it another shot.

79 replies
kansaswolf Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 6:30am
post #2 of 80

Well, it DOES come off a bit rude until you realize that she's kind of the compiler/organizer/finder of info... I was a little offended at first too, but the info she shares is quite helpful! And that way if there are other posts and comments you can find them. She just tends to leave messages that are short and to the point, which can come across kind of curt in print...

Hope you don't really leave...

JanH Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 6:48am
post #3 of 80

Well, that's great...was just checking for bundtdiva's first post so I could welcome her and find this. icon_eek.gif

I give up! icon_sad.gif

kansaswolf Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 6:51am
post #4 of 80

Jan's really nice! Give her a chance! icon_biggrin.gif

fondantgrl Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 7:11am
post #5 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaswolf

Too late for that now... well, unless you've been here awhile, there are a lot of "in charge wanna be's" here. But really it's just Heath and Jackie that controls this forum and no one else. So don't be fooled. icon_cool.gif Just like when you are new in a school and there are bullies.. well, you'll get used to it.. icon_cool.gif

JanH Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 7:33am
post #6 of 80

No one has posted that duplicate postings are either disliked or against the rules. (You're assuming facts NOT in evidence.)

And if you're offended that I directed other members to both your posts so that EVERYONE on the site had easy access to read the respsones posted to both of them; you're imagining problems where none existed.

HTH

xstitcher Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:02am
post #7 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

No one has posted that duplicate postings are either disliked or against the rules. (You're assuming facts NOT in evidence.)

And if you're offended that I directed other members to both your posts so that EVERYONE on the site had easy access to read the respsones posted to both of them; you're imagining problems where none existed.

HTH

Keep doing what your doing. It has helped me several times as I'm sure it has helped many others!
I think Heath & Jackie have enough on their plate and its great that you take the time to do this for us!

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

JanH Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:08am
post #8 of 80

bundtdiva has reposted the Ace of Cakes info for any interested parties:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5905492.html#5905492

Thanks for the kind words, xstitcher. icon_biggrin.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:32am
post #9 of 80

it didn't sound offensive to me at all. and she even said HTH at the end.

kansaswolf Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:15pm
post #10 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaswolf

Too late for that now... well, unless you've been here awhile, there are a lot of "in charge wanna be's" here. But really it's just Heath and Jackie that controls this forum and no one else. So don't be fooled. icon_cool.gif Just like when you are new in a school and there are bullies.. well, you'll get used to it.. icon_cool.gif

Nah, I wouldn't consider her a bully, but she does take the time to streamline some of the info. I never said she was in charge, just that she does something that I don't know anyone else does... It seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong, Jan!) that she likes things compact and easy to get to without wading through EVERYTHING. So, she points out duplicate posts (offering a link on BOTH sides), and gets straight to the point when she does so. No beating around the bush. Some people thrive on organization, and she seems to! It just took me a while to overlook the "tone" (if such a thing is POSSIBLE in writing! icon_biggrin.gif ) of her to-the-point posts. If there IS a "tone", I haven't seen it in her regular posts, so I'm more than willing to give her the benefit of the doubt! icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 9:28pm
post #11 of 80

Where are some of you guys getting "tone" and "attitude" here? icon_confused.gif

Someone posts a question and a fellow CC'er offers lots of helpful links to previous threads, websites and other helpful sites, which obviously takes a lot of work and organization, which is helpful to anyone looking for information, and then the OP considers that "attitude"? icon_confused.gif

Someone considers offering help thru informational links being a "bully"?

If help is requested, and help is given, that's interpreted as an "in-charge-wanna-be"? icon_confused.gif

I am also guilty of adding a post of "duplicate thread .... see add'l responses under (this link)", so everyone can see ALL of the responses that are being given under two different locations. If that makes me a bully, by helping direct folks to all of the information, then I guess it makes me as guilty as any other CC'er who offers help and info.

If there's a problem on here with tone, attitude, and bullying, I dont' think it lies on the shoulders of the person who graciously helps organize the thousands and thousands of bits of information that helps all of us on this site.

No .... I don't think that's where the attitude is at all.

kansaswolf Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 9:32pm
post #12 of 80

I agree, I can't say ANYTHING about the "tone" of her posts, because you can't HEAR any "tone", which is what I was trying to say... icon_sad.gif Sorry, I was trying to be helpful... icon_cry.gif

Guess the printed word wasn't working well for me today... I'll shut up now, and have nothing but love for you guys! icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 10:02pm
post #13 of 80

Thanks so much for the positive feedback,
cupcakeshoppe and xstitcher.

And thanks for the moral support, kansaswolf. You explained my intentions very well.

And indydebi, you're a pal for coming to my defense.

I do try to be as succinct as possible as it seems saying too much can be misinterpreted.

Now it appears, I'm being panned for what other members are ASSUMING, and NOT for anything I wrote.

However, the vitriol in this post is obvious for all to see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantgrl

there are a lot of "in charge wanna be's" here. But really it's just Heath and Jackie that controls this forum and no one else. Just like when you are new in a school and there are bullies.. well, you'll get used to it.. icon_cool.gif

What have I ever done to you, fondantgril, that you should be so mean-spirited and disparaging.

This quote would be my next signature line if space allowed:

It is not the critic who counts; Not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; Who strives valiantly; Who errs, and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; But who does actually strive to do the deeds; Who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; Who spends himself in a worthy cause; Who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worse, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
-- Theodore Roosevelt.

If I'm guilty of anything, it's spending too much time on CC.

veejaytx Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 10:30pm
post #14 of 80

JanH, I truly hope you never decide you really spend too much time on CC and leave, because a lot of members (myself definitely included) would be up the proverbial creek without you!

In all things we have to consider the source. One brand new member, never here before is complaining about someone helping her spread information? Who needs that? Then we have who has to "chime in" and add to a post/thread that already has the potential for negativity.

Please don't stop doing what you do, JanH, you are so helpful to all of us! Janice

BrandisBaked Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 10:57pm
post #15 of 80

I wouldn't take it personally. I saw the original post last night and wondered why she got offended.

I think people may think the same thing about me though. If someone has a question, I answer it briefly. I don't have much time to spend on here, and I try to make the time I do have worth something and read/answer as much as possible. If I had to sugarcoat everything I said, I would probably post 1/3 as much. And what would CC do without my genius?!? (Kidding)

Some people just don't understand that they are asking for information, not advice (ala "Dear Abby"). I provide information - I suck at support. icon_smile.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 11:23pm
post #16 of 80

Jan, I for one (one among the majority) have always appreciated all the helpful lings you have provided over the past couple of years. I've always marvelled at how you're able to be so organized and I really do appreciate all the help and organized links to sites that you've provided so generously and willingly.

Thank you for doing something that so few other members can possibly do and with such speed and accuracy, too! icon_biggrin.gif

(This is my one and only post on this subject and from where it's come, I have no idea, nor do I want to know!)

funbun Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 11:28pm
post #17 of 80

JanH, you are one of the most helpful CCers I have know (okay I don't know you but I look to you as a fellow cake addict). I love when you steer me in the right direction. icon_biggrin.gif You have helped me find info quickly and easily! I don't know what I would do if you didn't offer such help.

I didn't read the original post nor do I care to. To all those people who are attacking I say grow up and get over it! This is suppose to be a site that allows all of us to find inspiration and information easily. I shudder to think how hard it would be to find all the info on this site without JanH's helpful links.

You are still a "Ninja" in my books!!! icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 11:37pm
post #18 of 80

Jan.. You are one heck of a woman....don't worry about anything my dear... just smile and walk away my friend.. (and DONT walk away from here.. cause then I'd have to hunt ya down and pull ya back)

* hugs *

(glad I didn't see what was posted!!!!)

asul Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 11:49pm
post #19 of 80

Jahn your imformation is very helpful .I also love how you always take the time to post links and point us to the right direction.
Thanks
((((Hugs))))

ElectricCook Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 11:57pm
post #20 of 80

JanH YOU ROCK!!
There are a few people that I quote and/or look up to on this site. Indydeb and a few others also.
I love that you guys just get to the point.
I love our organizational skills that you can pull out of a hat and and give great info and awesome links.
I would take whatever was said with a grain of salt and
FORGETABOUTIT!!

Forever in your debt.

Elec Cake

biancas_mommy Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 12:03am
post #21 of 80

janh, i think i was maybe the first person to respond to the OP (not on this thread...on its duplicate icon_smile.gif ) and i really really just thought the OP's comment about getting in trouble for breaking a rule was was because he or she was brand new here and didn't understand the difference between somebody offering help and somebody enforcing some "rule" that doesn't even exist. i had no idea anybody who actually was familiar with cc would think you were anything but helpful and crazy organized!! i know most of us probably depend on you to keep all our rambling threads in some cohesive order. icon_smile.gif i know i'm totally disorganized myself so there's no way i'd be able to find all this great info without people like you making it easy. you're great, please don't stop pointing us in the right direction when we need it.

TheButterWench Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 12:03am
post #22 of 80

JanH.

I am new here and do not find any tone or attitude in your postings.

I don't have too much time to crawl around CC and find your posting of links totally helpful.

Don't know if my voice matters, but please do not stop as you make my searches so much easier.

Thank you for all you do.

I find that JanH is like the CC historian, no one else does it because it's a thankless job.

HTH

shellzey Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 12:10am
post #23 of 80

maybe i'll get hung for saying this...oh well icon_biggrin.gif

these forums are here to discuss cakes, cookies etc... sure seems like a lot of complaining etc lately.

i love this site and love any input i receive and information.

vickymacd Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 12:19am
post #24 of 80

Sorry, I just started to read this post and I really don't have any input except to say:

JanH,
My goodness you have one hot avatar!!!!

1234me Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 1:27am
post #25 of 80

Jan - just wanted to add another THANKS for all the links and compiled info you post. It is very helpful - please don't stop!

wgoat5 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 1:43am
post #26 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

Sorry, I just started to read this post and I really don't have any input except to say:

JanH,
My goodness you have one hot avatar!!!!

LMAO .. Here here... we DO NOT WANT SLOBER ON THE KEYBOARDS... REPEAT... WE DO NOT WANT SLOBBER ON THE KEYBOARDS!!! LMAO

lovetofrost Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:01am
post #27 of 80

I was just meaning to thank janH for all her helpful advice and all the great links she has offered me in my posts when I came across this post. So to janH THANKS VERY MUCH! keep up the good work.

DebBTX Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:17am
post #28 of 80

JanH,
I want to thank-you for all your hard work and help. You are a great resource manager!

jo_ann Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:19am
post #29 of 80

Jan,

I have been meaning to pm u for awhile to thank you for all of the links that you provide to us constantly. I did a search recently and came across a thread where you posted links that answered my questions immediately.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No need for me to repost the question.

fiddlesticks Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:29am
post #30 of 80

wgoat5 LOL!! Youve had to much sun !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%