Grease (Butter) Coming Through Ri Onto Cookie

Baking By Peeverly Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 10:02pm by Peeverly

Peeverly Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 3:54am
post #1 of 5

HELP! The last 2 times I made cookies, after I flooded them and let the RI dry I have found grease stains. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. This is a first for me. Does anyone know why? I don't think I am doing anything differently (using NFSC recipe). I let the butter come to room temperature before creaming. Maybe creaming too much, or too little? Anyone? Also, what would you do if you discovered this when it was too late to make the cookies over? Would you give a discount, forget about it (husband says it's minimal but still) or what?

4 replies
bonniebakes Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 5

hmmm.... I've never had that happen. Can you post a picture for us to see?

Peeverly Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 5

Here it is. I didn't stack the cookies. They were left to dry and this is what happened. Hope someone knows why. Thanks!

kneadacookie Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 9:54pm
post #4 of 5

is the dough real soft when you're rolling and baking. i personally wouldn't let the butter get to room temp. just enough to soften it a little. you'll get a lighter texture

Peeverly Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 5

It was kind of soft and I did notice that there were spots that had more butter than others. That is what must of happened. I probably had the butter too soft and maybe I didn't mix the flour in enough. I was making a double recipe and it gets hard to mix in the ka mixer with all that flour. Maybe I should just make a single batch at a time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%