$$$ Cookie Arrangement Donation To Auction

Baking By marthajo1 Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 2:03am by bakinccc

marthajo1 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 9:14pm
post #1 of 4

Well I made my first cookie arrangement to "sell" only I am not selling it! I am donating it to a school carnival. I need to make up a description with a "price"!

There are the 12 small letter cookies, 3 -3" stars, 2- 3" circles and the 4" hand cut lion. Oh yeah 4 -1 " stars. They are Fondant covered with royal icing details.

I am thinking like $50. (but please tell me if that sounds like too much.)

I am going to link to my collage so you can see it best.....

Thanks Martha

3 replies
wyckedwytch Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 4

I just saw this and I think it's incredible.

Is this for an auction where you need a starting bid and it works it's way up or is it one bid buys it straight out. Is this for the kids or teens at school or for teachers and parents? Why I'm asking is, kids can not afford high prices as much as adults can but if it's for a really good cause most parents would be motivated to purchase it to help.

I would say $50 to start would be good, but if it's one price only go for $65. Remember it's a donation and you obviously worked very hard on it.

marthajo1 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 1:55am
post #3 of 4

Actually it was for a real silent auction. Start bid is whatever the bidder wants to pay. I just was wondering what to put on the tag to have as a retail value- Mainly so if anybody wants one they will know how much they can expect to pay! icon_lol.gif

I ended up putting 50. Somebody started the bidding at 15 and it went up from there. I think it closed at 33. I am happy with that.

So mainly now I am just wondering if that was enough and if that is what I should charge in the future!

bakinccc Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:03am
post #4 of 4

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should charge more in the future! I donated two bouquets and they went for about the same as yours, but I charge way more for them when I sell them. I looked at your bouquet, counted up the cookies and if I had made it I would've charged $66.50. I charge $30 for 6 cookies...each cookie after that is $2.25 and I would've charged an extra $5 for a larger container. That's a major bouquet! Dont sell yourself short because once you do you set a precedent. Good luck!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%