Fudge As A Filling?

Decorating By kansaswolf Updated 5 May 2008 , 10:29pm by kansaswolf

kansaswolf Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 5

I was just sitting here, eating a brownie I topped with homemade fudge. I use a cocoa/butter/powdered sugar recipe, and was wondering if anyone out there had ever used fudge as a filling in a cake... I could see it as a great glaze on a pound cake or something, and will probably try the filling idea at some point, but was wondering if anyone else had ever tried it! Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
JodieF Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 5

I melt 2 cups of chocolate chips with a can of sweetened condensed milk. It makes this wonderful thick filling when it cools!

Jodie

kansaswolf Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 2:44am
post #3 of 5

That's pretty much a ganache, though... While QUITE tasty (oh the chocolate heaven!), I was wondering in PARTICULAR about a fudge similar to my recipe...

Thanks for the input though! I've tried that with heavy cream, but not with SCM, I'll have to try that as well! Ah, the joys of pregnancy, where no one bats an eye if I gain 30 pounds... icon_wink.gif

kansaswolf Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 4:52am
post #4 of 5

Maybe I'll just make the fudge, line my cake pan with parchment, make a mold of fudge and plop it in the middle of my cake... Ooooh...

I'm making this NEXT WEEK! I'll let you know what happens...

kansaswolf Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 5

Well, I made my fudge, molded it in the pan I used to make the cakes, and it just stayed right there in the middle! No squishing, no running... I just had to take a bit off the sides so it would be smooth. I used a yellow cake and covered it in chocolate-cream cheese fondant. DEEELICIOUS! I'll be making it again for a wedding rehersal dinner this weekend... Mmm, so good...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%