Communion Cake Help..for Tomorrow

Decorating By CelebrationCakery Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 5:49pm by CelebrationCakery

CelebrationCakery Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 5

Have you ever had a cake that you just cannot figure out what the heck to do for the design??? I am having brain fog. I am doing a cake for tomorrow for my nephew's communion and I cannot for the life of me figure out how I want to design it...I have made a few gumpaste things to put on top but still cannot come up with an arrangement....Here they are and that is where all of you come in.....HELP....

What would be a great masculine arrangement? And what else should I add to complete this beauty??? It is a 10" round so far...although they do not need anymore cake...I will add a second teir if it will help with design!!!!!!!!! SO THROW THE IDEAS AT ME...I REALLY NEED THEM!!
LL

4 replies
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 5

Firstly, I want to say that the gp pieces you made look great! Very nicely done!

And, what I usually recommend - go to the gallery. I've seen so many cool cakes there that I've added to my favorites in case I ever need "that" cake for a certain occasion. I think there are so many great and diverse cakes; just a plethora of ideas. It's such a useful tool for inspiration.

amie202 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 5

The pieces you have look great - I think you need to trust yourself and just start, it will all fall into place. I don't think you need another tier if you have a nice big board that you could put some of your pieces on as well as on top. You are going to do great!!!

funbun Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:29pm
post #4 of 5

So here is my 2 cents. I would bake a 6' cake and off center it on the largers cake and then I would put his name and the chalise or bible on the top of the 6'. and then put the banner leaning on the side of the 6'(on the larger cake). Then I would take your other pieces and put them around the sides of the 10".
HTH icon_biggrin.gif

CelebrationCakery Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all so much...I have been looking at pictures online all week and just have not put the entire thing together in my head. I am going to just get this baby out of the freezer and frost and have at it...the only reqest was that it have some blue on it...I am thinking fondant accents...but still quite unsure of what...we'll see...Thank you all again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%