Edible Image

Decorating By sjmoral Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 5:03am by cakemommy

sjmoral Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjmoral Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:01pm
post #1 of 9

How do I do it? I always have bubbles inside so I must be doing something wrong? How long should I wait before placing the image on top of buttercream? Do I refrigerate the cake first ( I never do)? Do I use something to attach it (I've used piping gel in the past)
Thanks for your help!

8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 9

You should be placing it on the cake as soon as you finish smoothing the icing. NO do not frig the cake 1st. If you place it on fresh icing should should not need anything to attach it.
If your icing has dried (is not fresh) then very lightly spray the area where the EI will go w/water (mist). Piping gel could be used but water is better mainly because you probably can;t get gel thin enough. HTH

sjmoral Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 1:18am
post #3 of 9

Thanks. I thought it would melt if I positioned it right away but maybe the problem is my icing gets dry and then it starts to peel off and air bubbles get in ,makes sense. Thanks again!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 1:48am
post #4 of 9

You need to add the EI as soon as you ice an smooth your cake it shouldnt crust at all ! I never put mine in the fridge before or after !

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 9

No matter what I did, I had bubble issues that would pop up hrs. later.... I now mount all my EI's to fondant. It looks REALLY nice, too, much better than just placing it right on the icing.

You BARELY mositen the fondant, and lay the pic on. You can trim around it after it's placed. I like to leave a little border of fondant, but you don't have to. If you have quesitons on this, just e-mail me: [email protected]

HTH!

Jen icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 9

JenniferMI Thats a good idea ! I have never had any bubbles yet ! But im going to remember that if I ever do !!

sjmoral Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 4:10am
post #7 of 9

I just finished my cake and I can see that in the morning I will probably have bubbles... oh well! I'll try the fondant base next time, good idea!
Thanks everyone for your tips and responses.

mommycakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommycakediva Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 4:37am
post #8 of 9

Thanks for the idea JenniferMI

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 5:03am
post #9 of 9

I get the bubbles on my images as well. I think it's the butter/shortening in the icing that does it. I have had luck with lightly pushing them down using a light circular motion.

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%