Fondant Ribbon!

Business By michellesArt Updated 1 May 2008 , 4:43pm by michellesArt

michellesArt Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:24pm
post #1 of 5

i've been trying and trying to make nice ribbon roses (they look so simple and elegant-and i though easy icon_confused.gif ) and i can usually pick up decorating tricks by just looking at something or reading the steps. i watched someone's video (CC i'm sure-i'm totally hooked lol) which was great but when i tried the fondant seemed to crack and it just didn't look very nice icon_confused.gif (i can be a tad of a perfectionist though-aren't we all?i've seen the pics to prove it icon_lol.gif ) in this video she cut a ribbon of fondant and then first rolled it in half then started to roll it up...well anyway, tips and advice would be great!! thanks! thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
JodieF Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 9:11pm
post #2 of 5

It just sounds like your fondant is way too shouldn't crack. Try kneading some shortening into it and try again.

I haven't done the ribbon roses though. I do the Duff roses with the 3 or 5 circles.

Tellis12 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 5

I agree,it sounds like your fondant is a bit dry. Knead in some shortening and that should make it softer and more workable.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 4:12pm
post #4 of 5

follow the tips above and you'll see it IS that easy icon_smile.gif i made a bunch of them for my grandma's cake and they were beautiful. icon_biggrin.gif good luck!

michellesArt Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 5

thanks for the help...i'll definately give it a try, they are really cute icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%