Ways To Use Tylose Powder

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 5:25pm by tcturtleshell

tcturtleshell Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 10:57am
post #1 of 9

I have been using tylose powder glue for about 2 months now & love, love, love it! thumbs_up.gif Thanks aine2 your awesome! icon_lol.gif It dries so fast & doesn't make my gumpaste flowers wet & yucky or droupy to where I can't work with them (like gumpaste glue does). It's great! I would like to know all the different ways that Tylose Powder can be used.

Can I put it in fondant to make it dry harder & be harder? What are things that tylose can be used for?

TIA ~The Turtle~ thumbs_up.gif

8 replies
Price Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:05am
post #2 of 9

Yes, you can add 1 tsp. tylose to 1lb. fondant to make the fondant more pliable for making figures.

cwcopeland Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:05am
post #3 of 9

Thanks for the post. I didn't know about the Tylose glue.

I use Tylose in fondant to make it harder. 1 teaspoon per 12 oz of fondant. Works like a charm!

Now I'm anxious to hear what other uses there are from other posters.

wgoat5 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:26am
post #4 of 9

I LOVE tylose glue!!!

What I don't know is how long can I keep it for?

Price Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:31pm
post #5 of 9

Not sure but I think Aine2 said she keeps hers in the fridge and makes a new batch each week. I think it was in one of her posts but I can't find it right now.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:35pm
post #6 of 9

What's the ratio of Tylose powder to water when making glue? I've only ever used gumpaste/water glue.

tcturtleshell Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:17pm
post #7 of 9

1/4 t tylose & 2 T warm water. That's Aine's recipe.

Here's her YouTube video about it. It also has gobs of video's she did. I love them!

I have been using the same batch for 2 wks. It seems ok.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:22pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks, TC. After seeing it I realized that I had seen it before - I had just forgotten. This time I wrote down the amounts for future reference.

tcturtleshell Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:25pm
post #9 of 9

Your welcome~ I wonder what else it can be used for? Thanks ya'll~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%