German Chocolate Cake Filling Question

Decorating By kristina67 Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 1:15am by tarheel

kristina67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristina67 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:58am
post #1 of 6

I have 2 recipes for GCC filling. One calls for the evaporated milk the other heavy cream. I will be using it in a wedding cake that I will assemble the day before. Because of the cream/evap milk will I be okay? I do not have a fridge dedicated to cakes at my disposal. Thanks for any thoughts on this.

5 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 6

I make my filling with evap milk and don't refrig. I doubt you'd need to frig a filling made with cream since it's cooked.

kristina67 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks Diane. So of the two recipes I should go with evap milk rather than the (slightly better tasting icon_wink.gif ) heavy cream recipe. I'm starting to really second guess things now. My BC calls for cream cheese. The lady I got it from decorates her wedding cakes the day of the wedding. I simply do not have the means to do that. Do you think I need to change that too?
Thanks Kristina

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 6

Yes use the recipe w/evap milk.
As for cr ch b'cream icing....Earlene Moor's recipe is fabo and does not need frig'ing.

kristina67 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 8:01pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks. Where can I find the Earlene Moor recipe?

tarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheel Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:15am
post #6 of 6

Would you share your german chocolate cake filling recipes? I've always just used the traditional icing in the middle but I'd like to try something new.

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%