Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls

Baking By mocakiss86 Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 6:05am by JanH

mocakiss86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakiss86 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:07am
post #1 of 5

I am looking for anyone that may have heard of a cinnamon roll recipes that uses a cake mix in the dough and a pudding type caramel in the bottom of the pan. really moist. She said her Grandma used to make it so its been around a while. Thanks

4 replies
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 2:36am
post #2 of 5

Sorry..I don't know about the pudding/caramel topping, but I love this recipe for cinnamon rolls.

Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls

In a small bowl dissolve 3 packages yeast in 2 1/2 cups of warm water. Let stand until foamy.
In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture with an 18.25 ounce white cake mix and 3 cups of flour; stir to combine. Add the 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.

Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.

Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough into a 10 x 16 inch rectangle, spread with 1/2 cup of softened butter. Sprinkle with 1 cup brown sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Starting from one of the long sides, roll up the rectangle and cut into 1 inch slices.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan. Pour 1/2 cup melted butter into a small bowl. Mix 1/2 cups sugar and 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (if desired). Dip the top of each roll in the melted butter, then in the sugar/pecan mixture, then place topped rolls snugly into the prepared pan. Cover the rolls with a damp towel and let rise until doubled in volume (or place in refrigerator overnight for baking the next morning: take out to rise for at least an hour before baking if using overnight method).

Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the rolls are golden. Ice if desired.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 4:56am
post #3 of 5

Easy cinnamon monkey bread:
(Uses refrigerated rolls with instant butterscotch pudding for glaze.)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quick-and-Easy-Monkey-Bread/Detail.aspx

HTH

asul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asul Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 5:28am
post #4 of 5

I had never heard of cakenmix cinnamon rolls ,they sound yummy.
Thanks for posting

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 6:05am
post #5 of 5

This might be what you're looking for, EZ Cinnamon Yeast Rolls with Caramel Topping:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,194,152181-240194,00.html
(Cinnamon buns use white/yellow cake mix and topping uses [cooked variety] butterscotch pudding mixes.)

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%