Anyone Know Where The Doctored Cake Mix Post/s Are?

Decorating By Mommaskip Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 8:20pm by shalderman

Mommaskip Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 8

ive been looking for awhile now and cant seem to find any posts with the doctored cake mix recipes. if there is several links can someone direct me towards them thanks.

7 replies
crazy4sugar Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 8

I use this recipe for everything...chocolate, lemon, etc. I just change the cake mix and pudding to the flavor I want. Mocha is just using coffee in the chocolate cake instead of water.

I usually triple this recipe and freeze what I don't need for tastings...it freezes very well.

HTH!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1972-1-Durable-Cake-for-3D-and-Wedding-Cakes.html

shalderman Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 2:11am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4sugar

I use this recipe for everything...chocolate, lemon, etc. I just change the cake mix and pudding to the flavor I want. Mocha is just using coffee in the chocolate cake instead of water.

I usually triple this recipe and freeze what I don't need for tastings...it freezes very well.

HTH!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1972-1-Durable-Cake-for-3D-and-Wedding-Cakes.html

First a note to say I use this one as well for chocolate, yellow & white and its AWESOME...I get such great reviews on it.

Crazy4Sugar - when you use it for lemon do you just use lemon cake mix and lemon pudding - and do you add anything else lemon flavored to it? I need to make one sometime soon and was contemplating what all to add.

crazy4sugar Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 2:00pm
post #5 of 8

Yep, I use the lemon cake and pudding. Sometimes I use 1/2 cup of orange juice for the liquid, which is really nice.

For the buttercream I add a bit of lemon oil after all the other ingredients are blended in.

This cake is to die for when I use lemon curd as a filing and lemon buttercream on top; it's a bit tart in the center (kind of like a lemon square) and sweet with the buttercream. YUM

shalderman Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 2:33pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for that lemon cake info icon_smile.gif I'm doing the lemon in one of the teirs of my cousin's wedding cake so I'll have to see if she wants lemon buttercream or just plain...seems like lemon would be so good!

Oh I should clarify by lemon oil are you talking lemon extract or like a lemon flavor oil (lorann, etc)?

crazy4sugar Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 7:19pm
post #7 of 8

Yes, either lemon oil or extract will work great. Martha Stewart has a great lemon curd recipe (lemon, butter, sugar, etc) that really makes the cake sing!
LL

shalderman Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 8:20pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%