Grooms Cake Table??

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 3:43pm by cakebaker1957

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 12

Im doing cake for a friend of mine, and its the Groom's cake, All chocolate this is the question my friend doesnt care what i do, but i kind of want it to look masculin although we have talked about a pink monogram on the cake, i have no ideal what he likes and my friend isnt finding out she said she told him it was going to be chocolate and a basket weave he said he didnt like chocolate , so im still doing it chocolate. How can i set this up so it will look like a grooms table? i dont want rose petals i thought about pebbles or something also would you put it on a pedelstel?? sorry about my spelling. maybe drape it with something i need something fast cause its next weekend, what about candles around it??? icon_cry.gif im so confused only if my friend would give me more detail or grapes???
Thanks

11 replies
cakebaker1957 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 12

Anyone???

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 12

Now this was for a groom that is a cowboy's fan, but maybe it can give you some inspiration.
LL

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 12

Maybe you should have a serious talk with your friend. Sounds to me this is becoming more of a her cake than a groom's cake. If he doesn't like chocolate, then it shouldn't be chocolate, in my opinion. Tell your friend that unless she gives you ideas that HE wants then you will not be able to do it.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 12

I agree. The groom's cake is supposed to be just that...the groom's choice. It is the one portion of the entire ceremony/ reception where the groom is supposed to have complete and total say in what happens.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 1:41am
post #6 of 12

Don't talk to your friend anymore about the grooms cake, just talk to the soon to be groom.

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 2:01am
post #7 of 12

I agree with the others. This is the GROOM'S cake, so if he doesn't like chocolate, it should not be chocolate. Talk to him yourself and find out what he likes, or talk to his mom or someone who knows him. The groom's cake is supposed to be for him and I really can't believe that your friend is being so non-chalant about it. Also, I wouldn't dare put anything pink on it unless HE wants pink! The groom's cake shouldn't be anything like the wedding cake and it seems like your friend is trying to turn it into her cake and what she wants, not what her groom wants.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 2:13am
post #8 of 12

Well...after giving it more thought, in order to keep from causing any problems since this IS your friend, I would make sure that I make the person PAYING for the cake happy first. Yes it is the groom's cake, but if he's not paying for it and you do what he wants, you may P1$$ off the person with the money.

cakebaker1957 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:57pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

Well...after giving it more thought, in order to keep from causing any problems since this IS your friend, I would make sure that I make the person PAYING for the cake happy first. Yes it is the groom's cake, but if he's not paying for it and you do what he wants, you may P1$$ off the person with the money.

Misdawn, The brides mother (my friend seems to be paying for most of everything ) I hate to do this but she has no one else that can help with these cakes, so my goal right now is to try and make it more of a Grooms cake, who knows maybe i will pick up a order or two , But the bad thing is my friend wont let me do any decorating around the cake everytime i ask her about something she replies "I dont think it will look right" although she told me to do what i wanted to so i think im going to do it on my own and if she doesnt like it oh well im not charging anything for this cake i wont let her pay me for it , So with that im going to try to do a good job on the presentation and taste, So i agree with all of the above replies, i really think the Groom should have a little say so tapedshut.gif
Thanks to each one of you you all hit the nail on the head,

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 11:33pm
post #10 of 12

I'm glad that you agree because it really had me worried! You really wouldn't have to do a lot of decorating on the cake. See if you can find out what his favorite cake is, make that one and just put lots of fruit (grapes, strawberries, etc) around it.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:02pm
post #11 of 12

Sounds like an excellent idea to me! Really, what's wrong with people these days? I seriously can't believe how selfish people are.

cakebaker1957 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:43pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASCARLETT

I'm glad that you agree because it really had me worried! You really wouldn't have to do a lot of decorating on the cake. See if you can find out what his favorite cake is, make that one and just put lots of fruit (grapes, strawberries, etc) around it.

that was one of the decortations i came up with since im doing the tux strawberries and she said she didnt think it would look right , So im doing this other deal with the Martinie glass, it needs something guy looking she wanted me to do the Monogram in pink put i think i will have to run out of pink coloring and use just white icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%