3-D Cake Serving Amount Help?

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 8:05pm by CakeMommyTX

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 6

I am making this 3-D Pooh cake (I Know its a candle, but won't it make a cute cake!) and I need to get 25 servings from it.
I have the hardest time figuring servings when it comes to 3-D cakes .
I am using the wonder mold for the body, though it will be carved down a bit, the present will be 4"x4"x4" and the honey pot will be about the same size as the present just carved a bit. The "1" will be a NFSC on a stick.
Should I make his head out of cake to get the servings or just put him on a 12" round single layer cake ( torted and filled)?
Is that enough cake for 25 servings?
Also do you you think his head can be made out of cake or should I stick to RKT?It won't be that big so weight should'nt be an issue?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
LL

5 replies
CakeMommyTX Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 6

anyone?

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:51pm
post #3 of 6

Well, the 4x4 will feed roughly 8 ppl. Since you're carving the honeypot, that will probably be around 4-6 servings. Not sure how much Wonder mold serves, maybe 8-12 since you're carving it? If you go for the low-end on guessing servings you are at about 20 servings. You could make Pooh's head out of cake and very easily get your 25 servings that you need. Or, you could make it out of RKT and place on a 10-12" single round to get a little extra cake incase some ppl want seconds of that fab cake that you are going to make icon_wink.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 2:01pm
post #4 of 6

I have heard you should not make the head out of cake as kids go nuts when you cut it. RKT is your better choice. Use a round under him.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 2:58pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

I have heard you should not make the head out of cake as kids go nuts when you cut it. RKT is your better choice. Use a round under him.

Really?....I've found that they usually fight over who gets to eat the head, LOL!

CakeMommyTX Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 8:05pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you, I decided to go ahead and put him on a 10" square, just for to make sure there is going to be enough cake.
I had to do a bit more carving on the body then I originally thought, all I could think of as I was carving was "well there goes another serving". But I think the sqaure cake will make up for it.
I am also going to to try and make his head out of cake but if that does'nt work then I will use rkt.
Thanks !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%