Refrigerating A Fondant Cake

Decorating By loraMI Updated 24 Apr 2008 , 9:36pm by milissasmom

loraMI Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a cake covered in fondant but the filling is a mousse. Can I refrigerate a cake covered in fondant?

4 replies
eatdessert1st Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 5

Hey,
I refrigerate fondant covered cakes, uncovered, without any problems. I have a "cake refrigerator" that only has baking stuff in it so that the cake won't pick up any odd odors/tastes from other foods.
HTH,
Melanie Mc.

grama_j Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 5

I think the problem comes in if you try to freeze fondant...... You should be fine...

mcook1670 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 5

I've put mine in the frig before and the only problem is that they have a problem of sweating. I live in hot and humid fl though

milissasmom Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatdessert1st

I refrigerate fondant covered cakes, uncovered, without any problems. I have a "cake refrigerator" that only has baking stuff in it so that the cake won't pick up any odd odors/tastes from other foods.

This is exactly my set-up..."Cake Refigerator" with nothing else in it, uncovered and I never have a problem at all. I do it all the time! You should be fine. You can even use a new clean kitchen sized trashbag if you want to cover it in the regular refrigerator to keep odors out. You will be fine!! Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%