Help!!!!! How Can I Get Black Icing?

Decorating By odm_post Updated 24 Apr 2008 , 10:11pm by sarahnichole975

odm_post Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
odm_post Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 4

I can only get Wilton here.....

I've already put 2 tubs of it icon_sad.gif but the color is still sort of greyish. I already started it off with chocolate BC but still didn't help. And I think it starts to taste a bit bitter now.

Please..... Please..... help....... icon_cry.gif Need to make Mickey Mouse cake for this Saturday....

3 replies
tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 4

I was going to suggest starting with chocolate frosting, but since you already did..........Remember it will darken some. Do you have black food coloring drops? Some of that may help, unfortunately it thins the icing, but a little might help. Sorry! Making dark icing sucks!!!!!

oliveoyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliveoyle Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 4

I can only get wilton here too icon_confused.gif and the last time I had to make true black for mickey mouse by the way I ended up having to use the darkest dark chocolate canned frosting I could find(I know I know but I couldn't use the grey stuff my CBC turned into) icon_cry.gif so I started with the canned stuff added icing sugar to make it workable and then added the black gel color it only took about a half a tub that time.HTH icon_confused.gif

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 10:11pm
post #4 of 4

If you have some cocoa powder, try adding some to it. It'd be the same as if you had started with chocolate frosting and if it's getting runny, it will help thicken it up. And yes, it will intensify as it sets.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%