Double Loading Pastry Bag-Quasi Emergency!!!!

Decorating By Elfie Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 3:01pm by cakebaker1957

Elfie Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 13

I remember about 18 months ago someone posted a great tip on loading a bag with 2 different colors. It was one of those DUH! things, but I can't remember it. If I recall she had just learned it in her Wilton 1 class. Can anyone help? I have 2 dozen cupcakes due at my daughters school at 3pm, and I've gotten in my head I have to do this this way. Obviously I didn't sleep last night...

12 replies
cakedout Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 13

It's really not hard, so relax.

imagine your cake bag with an imaginary dividing line vertically up through the center...

fill the one side with your first color, then carefully fill the other side with the second color. Squeeze a bit out until the blended colors begin.

You may want to fill several bags so you can breeze through a number of cupcakes before you have to "reload".

pjaycakes Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 13

Open the bag and fill one side of the bag with one color icing, you kind of have to scoop along the side of the bag. Then fill the other side with the other. They will mix a bit in the center, but you will have two different colors.

twinsmake5 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 13

great idea on filling the extra bags ...I've a lot to do this week and that will save me time!

cake-angel Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 13

The one post i remember reading on this talked about making icing bullets by wrapping icing in plastic wrap and then cutting the one end open and dropping it in the bag. They had mentioned it was an easy way to put two colors in a bag -- add two bullets instead of one.

snoopy3 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 13

I saw a trick in a book I read. Fill the clear disposable bags (2) 1 with each color, and then insert the two bags into one bag (hope that makes sense). I have never tried it but the concept seemed good?!

DianeLM Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:44pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake-angel

The one post i remember reading on this talked about making icing bullets by wrapping icing in plastic wrap and then cutting the one end open and dropping it in the bag. They had mentioned it was an easy way to put two colors in a bag -- add two bullets instead of one.

This is how I do it. It's so fast and easy. And clean up is a breeze!

cake-angel Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:49pm
post #8 of 13

Thanks Dianne!! I was hoping my memory was still in tact on this one!

Cake_Princess Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:52pm
post #9 of 13

You can by the double barrel bags as well.

You can also use 2 piping bags for this. Load one piping bag with icing then drop it inside the 2nd piping bag. Finally load the 2nd piping bag with other color. Twist the top of both bags and squeeze until the colors blend. To reload you do not need to remove the inner bag.

The easiest way is really to use one bag if you don't have th double barrel piping bag.

AJsGirl Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 5:27pm
post #10 of 13

Wild, I have never heard of this. I wanna try this now!

cakebaker1957 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:26pm
post #11 of 13

this is really a good ideal, how can i save all of this info from each one of you?? Not computer smart icon_razz.gif

tiggy2 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:47pm
post #12 of 13

I also use the icing bullets and it works like a dream.

cakebaker1957 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:01pm
post #13 of 13

Could someone explain on how to do the icing bullets, step by step
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%