Where To Buy Portion Cups To Bake Cc's In

Decorating By fat-sissy Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 7:32pm by fiddlesticks

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 16

Let me first say I'm sorry because I'm sure this has been asked before, but I've tried many, many searches and just can't find the answer.

Where have you found is the best place/price to buy the paper portion cups to bake cupcakes in? I found small ones at GFS for mini cupcakes, but I guess I'll have to order the larger ones.

Thanks for the help.

15 replies
HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 16

Are you referring to the nut cups that have straight sides and the rolled top?

I know that my local Michael's carries them with the Wilton stuff.

fat-sissy Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 16

Yes, that's what I'm refering to. They are more expensive if you buy them that way though (Wilton product from Michael's or Hobby Lobby). I'm looking to buy them on-line at a good price.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 16

You mentioned buying the small ones at GFS, did you ask to see if they could get the larger ones?

I know I was on the phone yesterday with the GFS that I shop at. I was looking for unbaked 1 1/2- 2 unbaked pie shells, and I asked if they had them. They don't, but she said that if ever there is something I am needing they can always look an see, somethimes they can oder them. Might be worth asking.....

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:39pm
post #7 of 16

Thanks gang. I had found the Fresh Water Systems site thru another cupcake blog. Looks like it'll probably be the best price.

I don't have a GFS close to me or I'd check with them. I have to drive an hour to get there. Wish there was one closer so I had easy access to Better Creme (liquid).

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:53pm
post #8 of 16
SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:54pm
post #9 of 16

are these just used in place of cc liners?

Katie-Bug Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 8:25pm
post #10 of 16

Glad you were able to find them. thumbs_up.gif
The closest GFS is about an hour for me, but everything is an hour from me.. icon_rolleyes.gif
I just purchased some of the frozen bettercream of Rich's, is this the one you were talking about? Do you like it, does it hold up well?? I have been dying to try it, but haven't had a chance. I love whipped frosting, though icon_razz.gif

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 10:58pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

are these just used in place of cc liners?

Yes, just sturdier and has straight sides.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:18pm
post #12 of 16

Fresh Water Systems even has the dispenser for those cups. I will be buying one as soon as I move, so they don't end up all over the place.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

fat-sissy Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:41am
post #13 of 16

CulinaryCreations,
Yep, that's what I'm talking about. I use mostly for fillings. It is light and fluffy. I think you'll like it for that reason. But it doesn't crust, so it is harder to smooth.
Sally

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:15pm
post #14 of 16

frozen bettercream of Rich's! Thats my new love !LOLO!!Thanks to Melvira ! I got it to beat up right and she talked about some awesome flavors to !YUMMMY ! Thanks again MEL ! I got lucky and was able to use it for several cupcakes I posted last week ! I loved the one with fresh strawberries on top !

Katie-Bug Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:49pm
post #15 of 16

Does it do well sitting out? Like if I did it on a birthday cake, could it sit out for a hour or so?

Also, I have tried the Wilton recipe, taste great, but when I put it in the fridge it soaked up a horrible flavor. I don't know what happened.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 7:32pm
post #16 of 16

Yes it sits out well! I had cupcakes sitting out overnight , boxed of course but it was just fine ! And you dont have to keep the leftover in the fridge either ( if you dont just eat the left over yumm!) If you look at my cupcakes I posted, I think 3 of the pic,s were the bettercreme and they all sat out without a problem, and they are all different flavors !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%