How About "what Show Is This From?"

Lounge By flayvurdfun Updated 20 May 2008 , 5:08am by JanH

flayvurdfun Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 9:31am
post #1 of 35

I have had a few conversations with members trying to come up with other games to do. They love the games.

One came up with this game idea, and I will suggest it:

"What show is this from" where you give a quote or situation and people try to guess what show it's from. For instance "two friends,out of 6 have a child together and the mother of the baby is told she has to go to Paris for work"

The answer would of course be "Friends"

Or another: 4 female friends, one is very joyful with men, one is very selective with men, one marries her baby's dad after an accidental pregnancy, one writes a column about her relationships" etc

that would of course be Sex and the City.

So what do you think?

34 replies
KaraN Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 35

Sounds like fun...4 friends...all a little crazy. One is a comedian, one is a female editor, one can't hold on to a job, and one never really has a job...now this is easy everyone!!!

indydebi Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:45am
post #3 of 35

Seinfeld!!!

What show is this quote from and who said it?:
"Individuality is fine ... as long as we do it together!"

(Hint ... comedy, ran 10 years, highest rated "last show" in television history)

flayvurdfun Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:58am
post #4 of 35

M*A*S*H!

Husband's favorite! Awesome I had to look it up! It was one of those things that kept digging at you until you know what it is!

OK!

This show was one of my faves!

Mom and dad live across the street, mom is really noisy and irritating!

EASY ONE!

booger Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 7:09am
post #5 of 35

Everybody Loves Raymond

Set in Beverly Hills a group of high school students 2 of which were brother and sister

GatuPR Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 7:45am
post #6 of 35

He is the regional manager of the Scranton branch of a paper distribution company Dunder Mifflin and his most common catch phrase is "That's what she said".

booger Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 8:10am
post #7 of 35

The Office!

Lots of beautiful girls, one funny, and crazy "don't shake my hands" host. One person makes choices, to get money. out of a case (duh too easy)

flayvurdfun Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 8:35am
post #8 of 35

Deal or No Deal

You sing for your prize money!

nancylynwallace Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:24am
post #9 of 35

Don't Forget the Lyrics

What show is McGee, Tony, Jethro and Abby on?

bigsisof3kids Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 10:53pm
post #10 of 35

NCIS icon_smile.gif

Camden family. Dad (a Reverend), mom, and 7 kids. Drama that dealt with real life family issues. (it's not a current show)

cakesbycathy Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 1:10am
post #11 of 35

7th Heaven!

"Outwit, outplay, outlast"

Ironbaker Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 1:19am
post #12 of 35

Survivor!

A group of people trying to avoid smoke monsters, the Others and now the people from the Boat.

GatuPR Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 3:11am
post #13 of 35

Lost

A police consultant and his assistant, solving crimes in San Francisco. Unfortunately, one of the cast members past away in April/2008.

flayvurdfun Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 8:44am
post #14 of 35

Hmm, I don't watch many of those, hint please.?

GatuPR Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 10:01am
post #15 of 35

Hint: he is afflicted with obsessive-compulsive disorder and multiple phobias after his wife was killed by a car bomb and he suffered a nervous breakdown. He helps the detectives of the San Francisco Police Dept. solve homicides with the help of his female assistant, who always have to hand him a wipe after he shakes hands with someone. icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 10:08am
post #16 of 35

I guess that has to be "Monk"

I've just recently started watching it, pretty good show.

Here's one: doctors competing for love, sex, and surgery patients (not necessarily in that order.)

Ironbaker Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 4:27pm
post #17 of 35

Grey's Anatomy!

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police who investigate crime, and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories. *DUN DUN.*

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 11:13pm
post #18 of 35

Love it - Law & Order (Original Series)

Here's one...

High School Kids, 3 guys: 1 nerd, 1 jock, 1 popular prankster & 3 girls: 1 fashionista, 1 cheerleader & a brainiac & a principal - 80's sitcom....

frostingfairy Posted 2 May 2008 , 4:57pm
post #19 of 35

Saved by the Bell?

Ok - a woman-chasing, alcoholic jingle writer takes in his divorced, chiropractor brother and his adolescent son

lardbutt Posted 3 May 2008 , 3:32am
post #20 of 35

Two and a Half Men!

A group of FBI agents who are called on to solve very difficult cases all over the country.

lardbutt Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:40am
post #21 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

Two and a Half Men!

A group of FBI agents who are called on to solve very difficult cases all over the country.

OK, I guess I am no good at this I'll try again!

It was Criminal Minds. (I LOVE Shemar Moore!)

A gazillion people try to become a star by singing! Most of which can't carry a tune in a bucket! One of the judges seems to have a drinking problem....only kidding. icon_wink.gif

GatuPR Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:52am
post #22 of 35

American Idol

This series (one of my favorites growing up) is about a man and his robots who are trapped on a satellite in space and forced to watch a selection of terrible movies, especially science fiction B-movies, where they make fun of the movies. It ran for 11 years, both in Comedy Central and Sci-Fi channel.

frostingfairy Posted 5 May 2008 , 8:09pm
post #23 of 35

Mystery Science Theater 3000!!! Loved it!

A small time criminal tries to make up for his past misdeeds by attempting to right all the wrongs on his list.

CakeDiva73 Posted 5 May 2008 , 8:28pm
post #24 of 35

My name is Earl......

Southern detective has affair with her boss and gets transferred to LA...'thank you....thank you so much!!'

Ironbaker Posted 7 May 2008 , 12:29am
post #25 of 35

The Closer?

Save the cheerleader, save the world.

GatuPR Posted 7 May 2008 , 6:21am
post #26 of 35

Heroes

This show only lasted one season on NBC icon_cry.gif . Mysterious sea creatures started appearing in the deep ocean all over the world. Miles kept one as a pet (Nimrod).

JanH Posted 7 May 2008 , 10:49am
post #27 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatuPR

Heroes

This show only lasted one season on NBC icon_cry.gif . Mysterious sea creatures started appearing in the deep ocean all over the world. Miles kept one as a pet (Nimrod).

I liked the program too...

Surface

Easily tv's greatest paranormal series. Produced at the same time as (original) Twilight Zone.

"What you are about to see is a matter of human record. Explain it: we cannot. Disprove it: we cannot. We simply invite you to explore with us the amazing world of the Unknown... to take that One Step ... ____"

(Alcoa presents.....)

deijha Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:42pm
post #28 of 35

Is that "Outer Limits"?

OK I have one. "There can be only one" It was a movie and a tv series for a while.

JanH Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:23am
post #29 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by deijha

Is that "Outer Limits"?

OK I have one. "There can be only one" It was a movie and a tv series for a while.

Alcoa presents, One Step Beyond

Highlander

Resistance is Futile

Half-organic/half-machine creatures from the future who capture and subvert other life forms...in this outer space series set in the future.

deijha Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:17pm
post #30 of 35

That would be "The Borg" from Next Generation and the movie First Contact.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%