Urgent: Need Help On Cake Sizes

Decorating By anku Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 12:58am by poshcakedesigns

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 7:19am
post #1 of 5

OK, I have got this big corporate order...where I have to do cake(s) for around 300-650 people! I know at this stage they can only give me a approx number and not a final count.
There's not much to decorate since they just want their logo.

My problem is what sizes should I do to serve that many people!
I have never attempted something so big like this!!! icon_confused.gif

Should I do tierd cakes..or go single??? I think I have to do tiered yeah??

Please, please HELP icon_cry.gif

Thanks in advance!

4 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 9:06am
post #2 of 5

oh!!!!!!!!!, hard one hun, for something like that and putting a logo on it I would do sheet cakes. I have had so many orders for sheet cakes but when I show them the sheet cake pan they rethink it, saying it may be too big or too much so then we go smaller and tiered. Good luck!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 5

O.k. the biggest pan a home baker can use is (usually) 16" round; maybe 16"sq or 12x18 sheet.
If you dbl each for a 4" tall cake you can figure 'wedding' servings so each will serve 100-110.
Doing a tiered cake might be nice but to serve it they will have to dismantle it so people who come in later (if it's like an 'open house') won't see it. If you make 3-6 seperate cakes there is more chance of people seeing what was done. OR make 2-3 tiered cakes....like 16"x4"; 12"x4" and 8"x4". Each of those would serve about 180.
OR make a tiered cake encircled by small rounds which could be served 1st while the main tiered portion would remain on view for awhile.

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:41am
post #4 of 5

Ok! I like the idea of doing onen tiered and then doing others as single. Since the event is sometime late sep or oct they said I could do some " Halloween" theme too!
That way, I could do tiered cake as their brand logo one and others as Halloween. What do you think?
Also, if I do singles assuming one tiered cake...how many of 16" should I do ?

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:58am
post #5 of 5

I like your idea of doing some in a Halloween theme. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%