Photography Theme Cake

Decorating By Sweet-Treats Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 3:01pm by Sweet-Treats

Sweet-Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Treats Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 5:25am
post #1 of 7

Does anyone have any idea where i can find some ideas for a photography theme cake or some samples? I need to make a cake for someone who is really into photography but i need help with some ideas.

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 7

I'm picturing an all black pic of an old fashioned pic taker. I know, not much to go onicon_sad.gif
I just googled 'photographer cartoon' and got some cute pix.
Can you do an frosting sheet pic?

Mystery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ah-na Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ah-na Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 7

Maybe you could make a little camera or put some major photography names on there i.e Nikon, Kodak, Hasenblah (sp?) and so forth. Or maybe you could even make a little pile of poloroid pictures. IDK hope that helps! Ohhh or you could do a little roll of film or a film strip. I did a movie cake with film strips floating on the sides, turned out cute. I did it with fondant! Good Luck!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 7

It's Hasselblad.

I saw this cake online:
http://www.onceuponacake.ca/51.jpg

To tweak it to fit your needs, nix the writing and have edible images made of either the photographer, or some of their photos, and put them on the "film strip." I thought this might be a little easier than making a 3D camera, but the other ideas are great too! icon_smile.gif

ruthberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthberry Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:38pm
post #6 of 7

sweet treats,

as a photographer, I can say that a camera cake would really be cool!

film is out - a thing of the past. it's just not "cool" anymore.

Photographers are pretty brand loyal. big whispers insue if you hear of a famous photographer switching brands. I'd find out if he is a Canon / Nikon user and go with that brand only.

if you didn't want to go with an entire cake made into a camera, you could just do a round/square cake and put a really desireable lense on the top. just go to bhphotovideo.com and look up the brand for inspiration. anything with a low f-stop number is really good. price should be an indicator of what's cool too. some of those lenses are 2K.

I really like the idea of putting the actual images on the cake. that would be pretty awesome. What if you made some gumpaste frames, and put his actual images right inside them? that would be pretty cool. it could even be a cake made to look like a peice of furniture with the bunch of frames on it.

good luck with it, and please post pictures when you're done!!

Sweet-Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Treats Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 3:01pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks soo much for the wonderful ideas! The birthday party is may 17th so i'll post pics after icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%