New Website - Let Me Know What You Think

Business By twinsmake5 Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 4:47am by supremecakes

twinsmake5 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 3:31am
post #1 of 8

I'm in Texas where it is illegal to operate a home business. I've been mulling this over for months. I'm in the process of publishing my website which will be - yes, it's a mouthful. For months I have put Cakes and Cookies and Smiles, Oh my! on my packaging. As I've been working on this for days now, I've decided not to put any wording in the website about doing anything for anybody. I plan to put a sticker on every package I give away with my plans to do cakes, cookies, etc. in exchange for a donation to charity. I call it a win/win/win. I get to enjoy baking, they get to enjoy the treats, and someone in needs reaps the benefit. In this way, I can better choose who knows and who doesn't. I currently do lots of cakes for my kids 3 schools, church events, etc. I'm busy enough. We'll see what happens. The site won't be up for about 48 hours. Thanks for looking though and I'd appreciate any feedback. Remember, it's more of just a family website. It is not nor is it intended to be a business opportunity. Just fun!

7 replies
kimberlina25 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:38pm
post #2 of 8

I think it looks great, your family and friends will like it. there aren't any distracting or busy backgrounds or hard to read fonts or colors and it was easy to navigate. looks really good.

good luck!

korkyo Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 12:26am
post #3 of 8

I like it. thumbs_up.gif The colors are great. Easy to read. Everything is quick and to the point.

Your cookies are just adorable too!

twinsmake5 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks to both of you. I did the website using I can do many things but I don't have a technical bone in my body. I used one of their templates, picked blue as it's my favorite color, and just started adding pictures. I worried for days whether or not to put pictures of people with their cakes (family) and decided it's a no-no. I do want to add a "Kid's Projects" page. We have found that fondant makes good models and one of the twins seems to have a knack, steady hand, for this hobby! Lots of fun. Thanks for taking a look and for the positive feedback!

JenniferMI Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:13pm
post #5 of 8

Great site!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

wespam Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 11:29pm
post #6 of 8

Great Site. You did a good job. I'm interested in a calendar like yours. Did that come with the site or did you find it elsewhere? Pam from Bama

twinsmake5 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 1:02pm
post #7 of 8

Pam - using ...when you edit or add text, it will upload text from Word. I created the calendar in Word (not my favorite - I love it's sister program Publisher!). Went back to editing the site, hit add text, from word, chose the file (it was easy - it was the only Word file!) and that was it!

I would have to rate pretty highly. I'm pretty much a novice and it's very user friendly.

supremecakes Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:47am
post #8 of 8

Be sure to mention the cities in your trade area - on your home page if possible. The search engines will pick up on that info. They should also
be in <meta> keywords. BOB

Quote by @%username% on %date%