Stamping On Ri

Baking By sicookie Updated 24 Apr 2008 , 9:24pm by sicookie

sicookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sicookie Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:11am
post #1 of 6

I've heard of people stamping designs onto fondant. Can this be done on RI? Is it just food coloring thinned with water or thinned with alcohol? And what is used to stamp? Can a regular stamp that's used for crafting be used?

5 replies
linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:41am
post #2 of 6

I really can't answer your question, but here is a link where you can find information about stamping on cookies. I have wanted to try it, but it is back on the long list of want to try that some day. Hope this helps:

http://www.sweetstampen.com/index.asp

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:44am
post #3 of 6

Sorry, I misunderstood your question, on the link I gave you, I believe they stamp on fondant, but it is a neat website anyway.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 6

I've never stamped color onto cookies iced with royal, but I have stamped piping gel onto them and then sprinkles the piping gel with colored sugars or dusts. The dress cookies in my photos have one that is a white dress with silver dust that was done that way.

I would assume that since that works, stamping color on would too....

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 6

Yes, it works. I find it hard to do though (probably because I really don't have the right tools). You are not supposed to use a wooden backed stamp because it is not food safe. The site that linedancer gave you is the place to go to find out about stamping. Good luck!

sicookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sicookie Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 9:24pm
post #6 of 6

OK, I'm going to give it a trial run. I'll let you all know how it turns out. Thanks Linedancer for the llink. it was a neat site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%