Pre Baking

Baking By azsunn Updated 24 Apr 2008 , 11:33am by linedancer

azsunn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azsunn Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:54pm
post #1 of 5

I'm contemplating making some cookies for my son's graduation May 22. I had great plans for making an awesome cake and cookie bouquets etc, but health problems has forced me to scale way back and I'm very disappointed icon_cry.gif

Anyway, I thought that perhaps if I did cookies (since i bought the cutters already) i could do a bit at a time, make the dough one day, decorate another etc. I remember reading that some people bake the cookies ahead then freeze them and decorate closer to the date?

I'd appreciate any help with a timeline. I'd need them completed by Sunday May 18.

I was thinking NFSC with MMF and royal accents, graduation hats and diploma scrolls.

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 12:10am
post #2 of 5

As long as they are well packaged, baked cookies will be fine in the freezer for several weeks.

sicookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sicookie Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:08am
post #3 of 5

I'v baked the cookies and wrapped them well for a later date. One thing to remember is to let them defrost in their packaging--don't unwrap them before they've defrosted. Also, I have baked and decorated with antonia's royal icing, wrapped them and froze them. They were just as good as when they were freshly baked.

azsunn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azsunn Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 3:43am
post #4 of 5

Thank you ladies. I'll post pictures when I get them done.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:33am
post #5 of 5

I freeze my fully decorated NFSC and MMF cookies all the time. Have even decorated, frozen, defrosted, and carted them from MI to FL. They are fine. Enjoy making your cookies at your leisure. icon_biggrin.gif

edited to add: Do take trish128's advice about defrosting, that's what makes it work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%