Lv Purse Cake Needed In Orlando Area Asap

Business By Kitagrl Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 1:01pm by Kitagrl

Kitagrl Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 11

Nice lady called me hoping I could make one of my LV purse cakes for her daughter in Orlando, and she wants to pay to ship it via airline. I just hate to have her pay all that money when I've never shipped a cake and something could happen to it. Is there anyone in the Orlando area (I'm sure she'd pay for delivery if you are an hour out or whatever) who could make a nice LV purse cake similar to mine in my photos? I told her I'd get back with her in a day or two with any responses.

Thanks so much!

10 replies
Kitagrl Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 5:02am
post #2 of 11

Anyone? Even someone in the general vicinity?

littlecake Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:03am
post #3 of 11

I can't help...I just wanted to say...THAT CAKE ROX!

No wonder she wants it flown in....you hand painted all the "LV"s on the side didn't you?

fabulous!

Swede-cakes Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:04am
post #4 of 11

Kitagrl, I wish I could help you but here's something that crossed my mind. This is kind of out of the box thinking. Do you know anyone who's heading down to Disney area for school vacation, who could personally bring YOUR cake with them? Family or friends? I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but hth.

Kitagrl Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:17am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by skichic68

Kitagrl, I wish I could help you but here's something that crossed my mind. This is kind of out of the box thinking. Do you know anyone who's heading down to Disney area for school vacation, who could personally bring YOUR cake with them? Family or friends? I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but hth.

No, honestly not. Thanks for the thought though!

fancy1218 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 10:53pm
post #6 of 11

It is funny that you ask that question. I just happened to see a picture of a LV purse on a website of a cake company located in orlando.

Here is the url http://www.bakemeacake.net/birthdaycake14.html

Maybe they could help you there.

foxymomma521 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:11pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancy1218

It is funny that you ask that question. I just happened to see a picture of a LV purse on a website of a cake company located in orlando.

Here is the url http://www.bakemeacake.net/birthdaycake14.html

Maybe they could help you there.

Wow, that's one heck of a cake!! I clicked on it thinking it wouldn't look anywhere near as nice as the OP's, but they are both gorgeous!!

Claudine1976 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:15pm
post #8 of 11

Hi
WOW a lv purse, I have been waiting for an opportunity or excuse to make one of those for a long time!
I dont have my license yet, but Im working on it, but I will be more than happy to make a cake like that... if that is not a problem for the person. (running to the kitctchen to start baking) icon_lol.gif

Kitagrl Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 2:52am
post #9 of 11

Oh my word, however did they get the design so perfect on that LV cake? AMAZING! They had to have had stencils or edible "stickers" or something. Whoa. Or ALOT of time! I saved that site...THANKS!...and sent it to the lady as well.

Claudine, thanks as well! I think we have her covered (someone PMed me as well) but I'll keep you in mind if the others don't work out!

cambo Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 12:20pm
post #10 of 11

I think the cake from the website used edible image sheets wrapped around the cake!

Kitagrl Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 1:01pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo

I think the cake from the website used edible image sheets wrapped around the cake!

They had to have! There's no other way unless they painstakingly made some sort of stencil!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%