Delta Sigma Theta

Decorating By Tomoore Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 12:02pm by Tomoore

Tomoore Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 9

Help...A friend's wife is becoming a Delta and will be finishing up next week. He has asked me to make a cake for her. I cna't find any cute ideas anywhere on the net!!?? Any ideas from you guys? I was hoping to do a little more than the Delta Sigma Theta, Inc. logo on a sheet cake, yet that's about all that I've been finding. I typically do novelty cakes and would like to do something somewhat impressive.

Thanks for your ideas,

8 replies
dmarvel Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:46am
post #2 of 9

Why don't you try something with elephants and African voilets?

dmarvel Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:55am
post #3 of 9

I thought about this and had some more ideas for you.

-Make a pillow cake (red with white border) and have a Delta pin on the pillow case, I would then sprinkle African violets around the pillow. You may want to look and find a way to include her Delta information (line, line name, line number, chapter, etc)

-Make a paddle cake and include all the woman's information (line, line name, line number, crossing date, chapter... etc)

-A Fortitude cake (this is a woman with her arms outstretched if you search the internet you can find the image), this has to be the correct one

-A Delta shield 3-D cake, with 3-dimensional elements like the laurel leaves and such

-An elephant cake, make sure the trunk is ALWAYS up, put greek letters on the cake, add African violets and try to inlcue her line name

-A cake shaped like the greek letters. Make sure you put nine pearls on the Sigma (one in each corner/point and one between each), I'd then put African violets all around for a border and maybe a small elephant (with trunk UP) here and there

-A jewelry box cake (with Delta on the box and inside faux Delta jewelry)

-Two hands making the delta sign (again, I'd use violet snad elephants to put around and decorate) and add her info

-Torch of Widsom 3-D cake

You would need to get these images off the net for the shield, Fortitude, Torch of Wisdom and maybe even the pearl placements for the Sigma) so that you get them right. That's critical!!

I would be EXTRA excited to see how the cake turns out!! Good luck!

cococakes Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 12:23pm
post #4 of 9

DMarvel - Your ideas are fantastic thumbs_up.gif I would love to see a picture of the cake when done.

Tomoore Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:23pm
post #5 of 9

OMG, Marvel! What a reply. Thanks so much for your ideas! I am going to pitch the pillow idea with the pin.

dmarvel Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:12am
post #6 of 9

I can't wait to see the cake. Make sure to post. Good luck!!

Tomoore Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:30am
post #7 of 9

He loved the pillow cake idea. I've made a pillow cake without a problem, but he asked if I could make the elephant...that frightens me, but I committed to it so I guess I'd better get to practicing! icon_wink.gif Thanks so much for your help!

dmarvel Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 4:25am
post #8 of 9

Great! I am sure it will be fabulous, make sure the elephant's trunk is up. And for the Delta pin, the letters should be gold and the Sigma should have nine pearls (one on each point/corner and one between each).

I can't wait to see your cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Tomoore Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 12:02pm
post #9 of 9

dmarvel, do you have a pic of this "Delta Pin"?

Quote by @%username% on %date%