Need A New Buttercream Icing Recipe

Baking By SAMMZ Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 1:53am by SeriousCakes

SAMMZ Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 8

I have used Wilton's buttercream recipe for the past few year's, but I have really grown to dislike it. I have tried other buttercreams, but none of them seem to have the right consistency. Can anyone recommend a good recipe?

7 replies
mamabaer Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 8

I love, love, love the buttercream dream recipe. It's perfect! And when you use Sugarshack's double batch mixing method it comes out so creamy smooth! I don't know if I will ever switch!

plbennett_8 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 8

I like IndyDebi's Recipe icon_smile.gif

I use Sugarshack's mixing method also, and usually use high ratio shortening. I'm fixing to try 1/2 crisco and 1/2 high ratio on some freebe cakes that I have coming up and will let you know how that works... That's just a me thing, but I do like the smoothness of the hi ratio...

chinadoll652003 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 8

Indeydebi has a great buttercream recipe.I've used this several times and really like it.

2 lb. powdered sugar
1/3 -1/2 c. milk
2-3TBSP clear vanilla
1 1/3 c. crisco
3 TBSP.powdered dream whip

tiggy2 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 10:09pm
post #5 of 8

I use Indydebi's recipe with hiratio and love it.

icer101 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 8

did you use the wilton recipe that calls for crisco and butter? i use that one alot. i use whipping cream instead of milk or water. it is really good tasting. i do like to try other peoples recipes though, so i am not stuck on one particular recipe. if someone tells me that they like the taste of what i use , then of course , i do that one again if they call me for another cake. i mark it down, so i will know. hope you find what you are looking for. just try all these you see on this post, and then you will know .

JanH Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 7:00am
post #7 of 8

Hi and Welcome, SAMMZ. icon_smile.gif

Link to CC acronyms:

Everything you ever wanted to know about hi-ratio shortening:

Overview of different frostings by type:

If you could detail what (specifically) you don't like about your current recipe, it would be easier to recommend one more to your liking!

Here are some of my fav's:

Whipped cream (and cream cheese) frosting:

Whipped b/c frosting:

Dreamy Cream:

Brite White b/c:

SeriousCakes Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:53am
post #8 of 8

Here's mine:

Tastes sooo good and is very smooth!

Quote by @%username% on %date%