Dilemma...retirement/birthday Cake

Decorating By crisseyann Updated 24 Apr 2008 , 12:48pm by crisseyann

crisseyann Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 3

My neighbor asked if I would make her husbands retirement cake for his party next week. She was VERY vague about what she wanted. I asked if she wanted it in relation to his job and she said no. I asked if there were any specific colors she wanted. Again, no.

She wants a half sheet cake, made half marble and half banana with plain buttercream. Maybe just a "Happy Retirement, Dennis" sort of thing. She also requested I put up in the corner (HAHAHA!) "Happy 70th, Bev. I said, ummmmm, ok.

My question is this...How do I incorporate her request for the birthday girl without taking away from the retired guy's big day? Any suggestions on a layout for this?

This is a freebie for the guy, so I am NOT sweating it too much. She'll take what she gets, right? I DO really like this neighbor and want him to be happy with his cake. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cris

2 replies
deanwithana Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 3

Well, you can possibly make a cake with a door on it........he is crossing over into retirement and she is crossing from the 60's to 70's.......

Or do a book cake for the closing of a "chapter" for the retired person and the closing of the chapter on the 60's to the 70s????

Just a thought so that it stays vague and covers both......

crisseyann Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 12:48pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the idea! Anyone else?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%