Excited And Disappointed!

Decorating By sweetflowers Updated 24 Apr 2008 , 5:07pm by sweetflowers

sweetflowers Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 10

I'm so excited because my article came out in ACD this month!

But I'm just so bummed because it's not really that great a project. I should have come up with a better cake.

Do you all get feel the same way sometimes? icon_smile.gificon_sad.gif

9 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 10

How did you get it published? Did they pick the project and contact you, or did you submit the project? Did you not have enough input into the project? What don't you like about it? Questions, questions!

lchristi27 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 10

which one is it?

robinscakes Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 10

Let us know which article it is. We want to read it! I looked through the issue at my son's soccer game last weekend and I don't recall anything I didn't like!

sweetflowers Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 10

I'm kind of embarassed to say, like I said, I was not happy with what I did. It's the Bas Relief Pixie cake with the lace butterflies (It's in my pic too).

Gemini, Craig contacted me and asked for a Bas Relief project, and this is what I can up with, so what I did was ENTIRELY up to me. I had plenty of time too (about 2 months) so I can't claim I was rushed either icon_sad.gif But now I just wish I had gone with something else. Craig took beautiful pictures (and he's sooooo nice), but I'm disappointed it just doesn't have 'people' appeal, and it's soooo long. I guess it explains the technique clearly, but geez, I didn't need 8 pages to do it!

Anyone second guess their projects?

robinscakes Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 6:12pm
post #6 of 10

The pixie cake was very cute. I think it had a cool retro 1940/1950's feel to it. It reminded me of the images on some of the children's textiles at that time.

Stop second-guessing your work. We're always our worst critics, aren't we?

JenniferMI Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:55pm
post #7 of 10

Congratulations! That is a wonderful honor.....

Jen icon_smile.gif

xstitcher Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 6:24am
post #8 of 10

I think the cake came out beautiful! Don't be so hard on yourself!

P.S. I wanted to leave a comment on your cake (as I'm sure others have also) but you don't seem to have the comments option turned on in your forum info!

GeminiRJ Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:35am
post #9 of 10

I think if the cake wasn't that great, they wouldn't have published it! Stop beating yourself up and enjoy your moment in the spotlight. All your cakes that I have seen have been beyond beautiful.

sweetflowers Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 5:07pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks everyone. I guess I just have to stop trying so hard.

xstitcher, I turned off comments because there has been so many threads about when to post comments and when not too, etc... that it was just easier. I don't want to fish for compliments, just improve. As you can tell, I do second guess myself a lot.

The feedback you all give is very helpful. Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%