Expired Marshmallow Cream

Decorating By umabdurrahman Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 5:39am by umabdurrahman

umabdurrahman Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 6

i want to make the marshmallow buttercream from this site, i noticed that my last jars of M.cream expired jan 18th. the only store that carries it is out! icon_sad.gif is it safe to use it ? it looks normal and tastes fine. or can i use marshmallows instead? how many? thanks

5 replies
umabdurrahman Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 5:36am
post #2 of 6

this is for the viewers since no one replied.......icon_sad.gif replacing the cream with marshmallows didn't work, i think it melted the butter and it was REALLY sticky......eeeww

Auryn Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 6

im so sorry
that stinks
i didnt think marshmellow cream expired
im gonna have to go look at the one in my pantry

thanks for letting us know how it went

punkinpie Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 6

Were the jars open? If not they are probably fine. Is there a 1-800 # so you could call the company and ask?

Hope all works out well for you. I know I get really frustrated when I can't get the ingredients I want.

Katie-Bug Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 6

If it had not ever been opened I would have tried it. I think it would have been fine. Just my thought...

umabdurrahman Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:39am
post #6 of 6

i'm thinking its ok cause they were never opened and after i noticed that i noticed my corn syrup was way over the expiration date and i had been using it. i have to buy and lot when i find it here and especially if the price is good, but that is what happens occasionally. what to do........lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%