Do You Guys Think This Is A Good Idea??

Lounge By Auryn Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 9:23pm by SaraO

Auryn Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 3

I need your opinions on this.

My boyfriend went straight into the military right out of high school- 9 years ago.
He has spent his whole adult life in the military or doing special security for the military- still living and working in military deployment condition.

He will finally be home for good by this sept at the latest.
Hes generally very shy.
It took months before he was comfortable enough around me to let me give him a massage.

I was thinking, as a gift to him, when he gets home I wanted to treat him to a massage at a spa. A nice deep tissue massage to release all the stress thats built up over the years.

Im pretty sure hes never been to a spa or gotten a professional massage .
I know I could do it myself, light candles, scented oils etc but its still not the same as a professional massage.

Do you think maybe a 'couple's massage' would be better??

what do you think??

2 replies
AJsGirl Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 3

Well, I don't know your boyfriend at all, of course, but I would say that a massage is not a good idea. My brother is in the military, and his idea of "relaxing" would be hitting the bar with his buddies or hitting the local arcade for an all nighter. He would pooh-pooh on a massage. But obviously, you know him better than any of us.

It's so sweet of you to think of him like this! icon_biggrin.gif He'll probably be thrilled no matter what you do!

SaraO Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 3

I don't think a professional massage is a good idea based on what you've said. Because he is quite shy, he will probably just be so nervous about getting the massage that he won't get that much enjoyment of it or he might put it off and not even use it. I think you would be better off making him a nice meal that you know he likes and giving him a good massage at home. It's more romantic too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%