My Entry Into The Wilton Castle Contest

Decorating By reesesob Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 5:44pm by pinklesley1

reesesob Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 12

Well, here it is....

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1212365

It took me over 12 hours to do then I got DQed (they said I didn't have enough pieces of the set in it). They re-entered after I pointed out the 7 peices that I used and I ..... LOST icon_cry.gif

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to try again. icon_rolleyes.gif

So please tell me what do you like, hate or what you would have done differently.

THANKS!!!!

11 replies
Bellatheball Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 12

Well, I'd almost take that all as a compliment. Wilton's stuff tends to look a bit stuffy and dated to me. Not all of it, but a lot of it. Your cakes are cute, whimsical and fun, not to mention adorable and fun. I'd have voted for you! icon_smile.gif

CNCS Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:17pm
post #3 of 12

I like it.

MikeRowesHunny Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:25pm
post #4 of 12

Oh, I love it! A really nice take on using the castle set for a cake! I would have loved to enter the wedding cake I did using that set, but I'm not American, so I couldn't icon_sad.gif! Is there a link to the competition? I'd like to see what they chose as the winner.

debster Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 12

Nice job, Very colorful!!!!!!

Win Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:38pm
post #6 of 12

I agree that Wilton stuff is "stuffy" which is why they probably don't get the figurative translation of your castle. I LOVE IT!!! I think your concept is great and you used the pieces with great imagination. I've looked at some of the other winners of the contest and, frankly, don't understand why some of them won. I'd have voted you as a winner!

smoore Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:45pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovibabe

Oh, I love it! A really nice take on using the castle set for a cake! I would have loved to enter the wedding cake I did using that set, but I'm not American, so I couldn't icon_sad.gif! Is there a link to the competition? I'd like to see what they chose as the winner.

Here you go ... http://www.wilton.com/contests/castlecontest/winners.cfm

Good job ... it's good to see the set used for something other than a castle. Versatility is great!

reesesob Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:37pm
post #8 of 12

THANK YOU all SOOOOO much!!!!

I'm so glad you like it. It was a little difficult to do, but it came out almost exactly how my drawing was.

I'm a little bummed out, but on the other hand I'm glad that I tried it.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 5:50pm
post #9 of 12

ACK the picture is taking forever to load but it's just my connection. i'll check it later. icon_biggrin.gif

reesesob Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:57am
post #10 of 12

Do you think I should re enter it? You can enter the same cake every mth.

wgoat5 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:23am
post #11 of 12

Re enter!!!! icon_smile.gif

pinklesley1 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:44pm
post #12 of 12

i think its super cute.
you should reenter... make sure that you tell them that you used more than the pieces necessary!
so they dont DQ you again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%