Tiki/hawaiian Cake.....so Proud

Decorating By mariela_ms Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 5:48pm by lanibird

mariela_ms Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:50am
post #1 of 9

So I set up myself the challange of making a big cake for my DH #26 birthday. I was so excited, did my research online with pictures as well as CC. And I decided on the design. The original design had a couple made out of fondant on top but I wasnt very good on making them, so I just added flowers and a Tiki mask I painted. Everyone loved it.....HEre it is!!!!
First 4 tier cake....and my 3rd tiered cake ever!!!!
LL
LL

8 replies
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:54am
post #2 of 9

oh it looks really good and so colorful! well done! wow. first 4-tier cake, WTG! icon_biggrin.gif

mariela_ms Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 5:07am
post #3 of 9

Thank you!!! Everyone was so impressed!! maybe this will bring sales !!! icon_rolleyes.gifthumbs_up.gif Since I really don't sell much!

JanH Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 5:40am
post #4 of 9

Wow, very impressive and well done. thumbs_up.gifbirthday.gifparty.gif

Hope this cake jumpstarts your sales. icon_biggrin.gif

milissasmom Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 6:13am
post #5 of 9

Love this cake! It's beautiful and so colorful! HOWEVER, you can't post a picture with your face on it! I don't want you to get into trouble with Jackie and Heath!!

Your MUST crop or blur out, all people's faces before uploading your photos. Uploading photos with people's faces, even your own face is a violation of Cakecentral.com's terms and your photo uploading privileges will be revoked.

Just wanted to let you know!! Great cake though...

bashini Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:13am
post #6 of 9

That is absolutely beautiful. I love it. You really have done a great job!

mariela_ms Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:24pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks for your compliments!! And i want to thank milissasmom for letting me know that we are not allowed to post pictures with people on them.

I tried editing my post, but I can't anymore. The timeframe in which you can edit has passed. Sorry everyone!!

marybible Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:01pm
post #8 of 9

What a great cake!!! you should be very proud!

lanibird Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 5:48pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariela_ms

Thanks for your compliments!! And i want to thank milissasmom for letting me know that we are not allowed to post pictures with people on them.

I tried editing my post, but I can't anymore. The timeframe in which you can edit has passed. Sorry everyone!!

No worries. Actually, if I remember correctly (if I'm not, please let me know!), it's just your photo gallery where you are not allowed to show faces. I think photos in threads are ok. I remember reading a whiiiiiile back that people wanted to be able to post, at least in threads, pictures of themselves or other family members.

I love the cake! You did such a great job! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%