On A Lighter Note...

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 12:47pm by CakesByLJ

wgoat5 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:54am
post #1 of 17

I want to shout out a big thank you ...

To all who have helped me .. to all here who are kind enough to give any and all help they can icon_smile.gif

Also to all the sweet ladies that I have had the pleasure to interact with on here!!!! I can't wait till one day we will meet and become even greater friends...

Sometimes GOOD news is what we need to see and hear...

All too far and inbetween for me icon_sad.gif

Good luck my dear CC friends.. with cakes, life and everything we have to go through everyday..

Yep this should be in one of the other forums.. BUT.. I wanted ya to see... that there is good... icon_biggrin.gif

Have a wonderful night CC ... hope everybody has all they need to make them happy icon_smile.gif

Good night my friends icon_smile.gif

16 replies
lmn4881 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:12am
post #2 of 17

Amen sister!

I think we all feel the same way and mean to tell those who have helped us, thanks but sometimes life does get in the way. So thanks for reminding us that it only takes a minute.

Thanks to all those who have helped and inspired me to become better.

lu9129 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:14am
post #3 of 17

You have to be one of the sweetest people on this forum!

You just made my day and thank you for everything you do!!!!

mkolmar Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:22am
post #4 of 17

Just what I needed to read! Your just the one of the sweetest people I know Christi. I appreciate everyone on here.

wgoat5 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:25am
post #5 of 17

Thank YOU all icon_smile.gif ..

I get on here to relieve stress .. have a good time... get help.. and always... I mean ALWAYS.. I smile.. now sometimes there are those topics that can really jerk some tears.. or even steam my peas LOL BUT.. all in all CC is a great place.. Now I know people fall in love on the internet everyday (even though I find it hard to believe but hey.. it happens icon_smile.gif ) ... and some find friendship.. and ya know what? As far as I am concerned that is the greatest thing... Especially on here... I can see some DEAR friendships forming..

I love cake... But I LOVE friendship more... being cheerful.. and giving is the most awesome thing!! icon_smile.gif

That's what I get out of CC icon_smile.gif

You all are DA Bomb.. I think that is what my DS says LOL

Teekakes Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:42am
post #6 of 17

A M E N, Christi!

And here is my thanks to everyone for all the help I have rec'd on CC!

Every single day I learn something new here about one thing or another. The day I stop learning is the day I go up, up and awaaaaaaaaaaay! thumbs_up.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:59am
post #7 of 17

Oh Christi, for a second you had me worried. I almost thought you were posting a poignant goodbye.

I'm glad you're just a lovable, mushy, sappy type! icon_lol.gif

Seriously, that really was sweet of you. Thank you, too!!! You've been a great help on many occasions!

tonedna Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:25am
post #8 of 17

lol Grace..
Hey Christi..you left me dancing in the other forum to come and get all emo!!!... icon_lol.gif
What happened to Shakira and the bar!.. icon_lol.gif
Well..I say is been a fun day!..thanks for the laughs....

joy5678 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:28am
post #9 of 17

I am fairly new to this site but it didn't take long to find out what a great & sharing bunch of "cake nuts" are here. I thought I was the only one (nut, that is). I have no one to speak "cake" to but you all. It's exciting to know there are others who speak my language. You are appreciated & I thank you all for everything you have taught me thru sharing.

xstitcher Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 8:51am
post #10 of 17

I have just finished my course II class tonight and I would not have been able to do it without everyone's help here on CC. So a great big thank you to all of you!!!! You guys/gals all rock and your a riot to boot!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Good Night Everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

fmcmulle Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:39am
post #11 of 17

Christy you are such a wonderful person. Its people like you that make CC such a wonderful place. I hope to one day get the chance to meet you.

wgoat5 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:45am
post #12 of 17

Oh what I strive for one day is to have met all the sweet people on here I have been able to connect with icon_smile.gif

(I hear the money tree needing some fertilizer LOL)

I hope all of you have a beautiful day.. and if anything gets in the way of that just remember .."this to shall pass" icon_biggrin.gif

(((((hugs)))))) to all icon_smile.gif

nancylynwallace Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:59am
post #13 of 17

I feel the same way! So often, I just need to talk to someone and vent. Other times I just go into the forums to laugh! I see so many talented and gifted people's cakes on this site and everyone is so TALENTED. It makes me want to try even harder to make that perfect cake! I still haven't had enough nerve to post a cake yet, because I don't feel that my cakes are up to CC standards (in my eyes). Thank each and every one of you for just being you! I wish that we could have a big get-together and meet in person. Wouldn't that be awesome?! I hope that everyone keeps on smiling and loving as hard as you can!

vickymacd Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 12:09pm
post #14 of 17

I too thought it was a send off!!

I have to admit, since I've joined on here, I've had some real life tragedies as well, and I have such dear friends on here for support!
Support that even my closest friends right by me couldn't have given!

So I, as well, THANK all of you who have supported me, comforted me, instructed me and gave me courage in cakes, cookies and life!!

Thank you!!

CakesByLJ Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 12:17pm
post #15 of 17

Good Morning ya'll..... geeze Christi... I haven't even had coffee yet, and now I'm already getting all teary eyed <<hugs>>

DoniB Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 12:20pm
post #16 of 17

You really are sweet, and this is such a good thread! icon_smile.gif

I'll join in... I've loved cake decorating since I was a kid, and that was 25 years ago. I never really had anyone to connect with about cake stuff, though occasionally family would ask for a special cake here and there.

Since finding CC and all of the wonderful people here, my cake decorating has taken a giant leap, as far as skill and knowledge. I'm nowhere close to where I'd like to be yet, but with all the encouragement and help that CC folks give, I know that eventually I'll get there, if I just keep at it.

You're all so very wonderful, and this is the first place I check every time I get on the computer. icon_smile.gif

hugs to you all!

CakesByLJ Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 12:47pm
post #17 of 17
Originally Posted by joy5678

I am fairly new to this site but it didn't take long to find out what a great & sharing bunch of "cake nuts" are here. I thought I was the only one (nut, that is). I have no one to speak "cake" to but you all. It's exciting to know there are others who speak my language. You are appreciated & I thank you all for everything you have taught me thru sharing.

Hey fellow Tennessean... welcome aboard icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%