First It Slipped Then It Cracked...

Decorating By Win Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 4:25am by Momof4luvscakes

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:24am
post #1 of 2

Just one of those days, I guess. I made a baseball cake for a friend's son. He wanted "NO FONDANT ANYWHERE!" (In the end, I did slip in fondant numbers icon_lol.gif) Anyway, I usually use fondant to cover the cake-board, but being mindful of his likes and dislikes, I placed it on the foil covered board with royal icing. Soon, I discovered that it was moving around on the board rather scarily, so --in what I thought was a genius moment, I decided to simply run a dowel down the center and anchor it in the cardboard... All was going well until something (or someone)distracted me and, as I looked over my shoulder, my hand slipped on the dowel and came down too hard on the cake. Yep... Squish. Crack. Sigh. No time to start over so I went into repair mode. My friend says he never will notice it and she couldn't find it herself, but it still irks me. Oh well, chalk it up to a lesson learned. NO MULTI-TASKING FOR THIS GIRL WHEN PLACING DOWELS!!!

1 reply
Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:25am
post #2 of 2

I hate when stuff like that happens! My usual problem is trying to move a heavy cakeboard, and my hand slips right into the side of the cake. It has happened too many times, but you get good at "patch" jobs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%