Gumpaste Purse Pattern?

Decorating By butterflywings Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 8:05pm by butterflywings

butterflywings Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 12:01am
post #1 of 8

Hi guys & gals! I'm making a "diva" cake for my girlfriends for our monthly get together this weekend and I've already gotten a pattern for making the gumpaste shoe and I found a great martini glass graphic to use as a template for that, but I'm having trouble finding a pattern or template for a gumpaste purse. It doesn't have to be very big, I just want it as an accent for the top of the cake (which will be a 6" round), so I'd prefer it be a 3D purse (instead of a flat image)

TIA for any help!

7 replies
butterflywings Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:57am
post #2 of 8

no one?

bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:02am
post #3 of 8

Global Sugar Art has some Stephen Benison purse cutters with instructions -- perhaps that would help. I'm not familiar with any templates offhand, but I could be mistaken on that. I originally thought you wanted to learn how to make a purse cake and I know two different ways to do them, but they're big cakes, not toppers. Hope that helps some.

butterflywings Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:14am
post #5 of 8

thanks bobwonderbuns - i'll keep those in mind. however, i was wanting to make them tomorrow so they have time to dry by saturday.

anyone have instructions or template for GUMPASTE purse??

Molly2 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:15am
post #6 of 8

on the front of this site their are instruction on how to make a purse I'm sure it has a pattern

Molly2

butterflywings Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:28am
post #7 of 8

thanks, molly, but that is for a purse cake.. i don't want to make the whole cake look like a purse. i am wanting to make a 3d accent piece out of gumpaste that looks like a small purse. are the cutters my only option??? i don't have the time to order one (plus they are $20 for something I might not use that often). i'd much rather have a pattern or template to use to cut out the fondant myself... i can't be the first one to have needed this....

butterflywings Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 8:05pm
post #8 of 8

ok.. i guess i'm gonna have to make my own template. i'll post it if it works out. still can't believe i'm the first person to ask for this - LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%