Gumpaste Purse Pattern?

Decorating By butterflywings Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 8:05pm by butterflywings

butterflywings  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 12:01am
post #1 of 8

Hi guys & gals! I'm making a "diva" cake for my girlfriends for our monthly get together this weekend and I've already gotten a pattern for making the gumpaste shoe and I found a great martini glass graphic to use as a template for that, but I'm having trouble finding a pattern or template for a gumpaste purse. It doesn't have to be very big, I just want it as an accent for the top of the cake (which will be a 6" round), so I'd prefer it be a 3D purse (instead of a flat image)

TIA for any help!

7 replies
butterflywings Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:57am
post #2 of 8

no one?

bobwonderbuns  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:02am
post #3 of 8

Global Sugar Art has some Stephen Benison purse cutters with instructions -- perhaps that would help. I'm not familiar with any templates offhand, but I could be mistaken on that. I originally thought you wanted to learn how to make a purse cake and I know two different ways to do them, but they're big cakes, not toppers. Hope that helps some.

bobwonderbuns  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:14am
post #5 of 8

thanks bobwonderbuns - i'll keep those in mind. however, i was wanting to make them tomorrow so they have time to dry by saturday.

anyone have instructions or template for GUMPASTE purse??

Molly2  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:15am
post #6 of 8

on the front of this site their are instruction on how to make a purse I'm sure it has a pattern

Molly2

butterflywings Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:28am
post #7 of 8

thanks, molly, but that is for a purse cake.. i don't want to make the whole cake look like a purse. i am wanting to make a 3d accent piece out of gumpaste that looks like a small purse. are the cutters my only option??? i don't have the time to order one (plus they are $20 for something I might not use that often). i'd much rather have a pattern or template to use to cut out the fondant myself... i can't be the first one to have needed this....

butterflywings Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 8:05pm
post #8 of 8

ok.. i guess i'm gonna have to make my own template. i'll post it if it works out. still can't believe i'm the first person to ask for this - LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%