Cookies On A Plane

Baking By cakesbycathy Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 1:57am by kneadacookie

cakesbycathy Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 6

My SIL ordered 4 dozen cookies decorated like birds to take to a baby shower in Texas. She wants to carry them on. She hasn't had much luck talking to anyone from the airlines, as far as if this is okay.

I was trying to figure out the best way for her to transport them - so that the cookies do not get damaged, but that they can also be seen for a security inspection without being removed from the container.

The best idea I can come up with is to pack them all in my Wilton 13x9 cake carrier. The lid is clear, so anyone can see what is in there and shouldn't have to remove any of the cookies. Plus the container is sturdy enough that the cookies should be okay if the container gets bumped.

Hope this works!

5 replies
sicookie Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 6

would you have enoough time to box them and ship them ahead of time?

bonniebakes Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 6

I carry cookies on planes all the time. The baggage inspectors always know what's in the package (I tell them) when I go thorugh security. No one has ever said anything about me not taking them - except asking if they can have one!

imagine76 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 12:00am
post #4 of 6

yep, same here. the last few times i've flown i've carried on a box of cookies. not as big as a cake carrier but i didn't have any trouble. no one even asked.

Launa Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 12:03am
post #5 of 6

I took cookies and cupcakes on the plane in February. I put them in cupcake boxes that have the clear window on the top. The security people just looked through the clear window then said that they'd probably have to keep the cookies behind the counter with them instead of the cookies going on the plane with me because they wanted to eat them! I was able to stack the boxes and put them in my carry-on bag and they arrived just fine.

kneadacookie Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:57am
post #6 of 6

that's good to know

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%