Name Plate

Decorating By fabiolacamacho Updated 24 Apr 2008 , 3:13am by leah_s

fabiolacamacho Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 8

Hello all, I have my daughters first communion this weekend and I need help making the name plate that I would like for the cake. Can anyone help? Here is a sample I found. I love this look.

Fabi
LL

7 replies
wgoat5 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 8

Easy peesy icon_smile.gif

Get yourself some gumpaste... shape it to how you would like your place to look (that shape is awesome!) and let dry.. you might have to use stuff to tuck under the plaque to get it to get the curves and stuff.. but just let it dry then write on it with a edible marker OR a non toxic marker.. since it won't be eaten.. icon_smile.gif

HTH's

butterflywings Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 8

agreed... gumpaste .. you could use a skewer to roll the ends to make the scroll look and a little ball of saran wrap/glad wrap under one end for the wave.

fabiolacamacho Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:31am
post #4 of 8

How did they make the writing so perfectly? Is it not a transfer? and if I do the writing after how do I write on the curves? I am so nervous... icon_eek.gif

msthang1224 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:19am
post #5 of 8

Have a Happy B-Day Tomm fabio icon_smile.gif Don't worry you'll do a wonderful job!

fabiolacamacho Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:25am
post #6 of 8

Thanks a ton for the birthday wishes...I will post s picture of the final cake on saturday...thanks for the good luck right about now I feel like I need it .... icon_smile.gif

plbennett_8 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:59am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiolacamacho

How did they make the writing so perfectly? Is it not a transfer? and if I do the writing after how do I write on the curves? I am so nervous... icon_eek.gif

I printed off the writing in the font that I wanted to use from my computer, and then just used the pin prick method to transfer the outline to the gumpaste. Do that BEFORE the gumpaste dries... Keep the computer print out to look at while you do the writing to pick up any little flourishes... You don't want a bazillion holes in your gumpaste... Ummm...sound like the voice of experience??? chuckle...

Good luck!
Pat

leah_s Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 3:13am
post #8 of 8

Looks a lot like tappits to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%