Has Anyone Ever Added Chocolate Chips To Nfsc?

Baking By jovigirl Updated 24 Apr 2008 , 11:41pm by Joanne914

jovigirl Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 7

I was just curious if anyone had ever attempted adding mini chocolate chips to the no fail sugar cookie recipe.
Also, has anyone ever used margerine instead of butter for this recipe?

Thanks for your input ;o)

6 replies
jovigirl Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 7

Can anyone help?

toleshed Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 7

hi jovigirl
I have used the margarine. Won't ever use it again. My dough was so soft that I couldn't do anything with. But I know there are some that only use margarine.
Can't help with the choc chips. Haven't used them
HTH

mawagner Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 7

There is a cut out chocolate chip cookie recipe at www.karenscookies.net that might work for you. I made it and put in the mini chocolate chips. It worked great! On the other hand you could always try the mini chips with the NFSC dough and see how it turns out. Also, I know some people use margarine instead of butter (in NFSC), but I think the water content is important...check the label on the margarine to see how much water it contains. I'm sure that someone else can help you out with that question better than I can. HTH

GeminiRJ Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:48am
post #5 of 7

I agree with mawagnar. I used Karen's recipe and really liked the cookies. I think adding the mini chips to the NFSC would work just fine, too.

Peeverly Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:43pm
post #6 of 7

This is a great idea. Maybe you should just add cc to a portion of the dough and bake. That way if it doesn't work out then you don't ruin a full batch of nfsc. I think I'll try it too!

Joanne914 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:41pm
post #7 of 7

It's funny to hear others say the margerine doesn't work for them...as that's
the only thing I use in NFSC. I will only use Imperial though. I have tried
other brands and they do not work as well. When I did try to use REAL butter, the batter for me, was way too soft. Go figure! I guess it's personal preference when you get right down to it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%