This Is Why Wal-Mart Sells Cakes So Cheap!

Decorating By dharmasfriend Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 3:22pm by NikkiDoc

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:44pm
post #31 of 43

I'm glad they changed the rule about posting faces, dragonflydreams.
I always felt a bit sad when seeing the pictures with a blob over the face. icon_sad.gif

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:55pm
post #32 of 43

Wow, that video is so cool! I have watched it like 5 times.

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:01pm
post #33 of 43

My mouth fell open watching this! I want to put a link up on my website and say something like "This will not be your cake!"

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:01pm
post #34 of 43

Wow, I never realized that either icon_surprised.gif Just think how old there cakes are before you eat them icon_razz.gif

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:03pm
post #35 of 43

Well, that was definitely cool! I used to work at Publix as a decorator (I quit a month ago...too much stress, hated the production aspect, and the manager SUCKED), and we sometimes used cakes that looked so similar to this. The sugar-free cakes come to mind, but a couple of the cakes we did for slices and to stock the freezer came in already frosted as a base (no borders...we did those along with extra decorations)...they were ok, but dry imho since I knew what a good cake should taste like!

But, yep, that machine is still pretty cool!

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:06pm
post #36 of 43

Okay okay I know we are all "down the supermarket cake!" here (icon_smile.gif ) But does anyone else have the urge to just climb up on that belt, open your mouth and let that thing frost you? Man I want a peice of cake!

mcelromi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcelromi1 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:18pm
post #37 of 43

LOVE IT!!!
If I could afford it I wouldn't hesitate to get one.
If this machine could do all the icing and I could concentrate on the decorating I would absolutly love it.

If I could bake my own cakes and use my own icing in the machine, who cares how it gets on the cake icon_biggrin.gif

Can you imagine having a 4-tier cake frosted in less 10 min., and all you had to do was stack and decorate?

LOVE IT!

DMCG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DMCG Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:24pm
post #38 of 43

UNBELIEVEABLE!! icon_surprised.gificon_evil.gif
I knew they were prefrosted and frozen, just never knew how.
Thanks for the tip icon_rolleyes.gif

Danielle

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:24pm
post #39 of 43

This was when I was doing the cookies for my sister's wedding(in my pics). http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1215497

I had to do 180, but wound up doing 220 just in case. If it hadn't been for DH coming in and helping, I don't know what I'd have done. My hand hurt so bad, and there was no more snail's trails coming out of me. I blocked out his face a while back because I was going to post this pic and never got around to doing it. You can see him in the family pic.

I also threw in a pic of one of the tables. The whole setup turned out really pretty. My sister is really good at decorating.

She also made a beautiful bride as you can see. That's me (the chubby matron of honor on the left, my daughter, the bridesmaid on the right, and my mom in the front). And just because I don't want to leave my son out, here's a family pic.

OK. I'll shut up and quit with the pics now. icon_redface.gif
LL
LL
LL
LL

CharmingConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharmingConfections Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:54pm
post #40 of 43

this video is just one more example of how machines are taking over the world! (and taking peoples jobs.) Someone should make a spoof of
I-Robot with this cake machine icon_smile.gif

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:55pm
post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatheball

I actually really love the taste of Walmart cakes.....runs away before someone pelts me with tomatoes. icon_redface.gif

I have had some good ones from Walmart and some good ones from one of the grocery stores here, BiLo. I've also had terrible ones. I don't understand the inconsistency. I wonder if it depends on if it is made to order (fresher?) vs. out of the display case bought spur of the minute? Hmmm....I wonder. I know their cakes come frozen in the large sheets, which they cut down to size and ice them from a bucket of bc. It seems like it would be more consistent than that. Kinda scary. icon_eek.gif

DMCG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DMCG Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:19pm
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliwis000

Okay okay I know we are all "down the supermarket cake!" here (icon_smile.gif ) But does anyone else have the urge to just climb up on that belt, open your mouth and let that thing frost you? Man I want a peice of cake!

I'll join ya, but I don't think my Weight Watchers leader would approve icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:22pm
post #43 of 43

LOL Aliwis. I see that I am not the only one who has some serious cake cravings!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%